PDA

View Full Version : PB Ti and 10.2.8 problems

zuggerat
Sep 29, 2003, 09:31 PM
i bought my Ti Book in august and i updated to 10.2.8 when it came out and all of a sudden the fan has been comin on every five seconds especially when the thing isnt even hot...what the hell is goin on???

Alte22a
Sep 29, 2003, 10:44 PM
I updated my PM Dual 500, its working fine, then I decided to update my PB, the fans keep coming on and the battery wont charge, Now I am in the process of going back to 10.2.6

Alte22a
Sep 30, 2003, 11:59 AM
Well finished reverting back to 10.2.6. No luck, I just that the battery is not dead. Going to my friends house tonight who also has a Ti but he hasn't updated yet. I hope that my battery charges on his machine. If not then my battery is diffnately dead. :(

At the monent I am just cloning my desktop to my PB..... yeap going back to 10.2.8 on the PB. It was much snappier, at the expense of the battery...

MacBandit
Sep 30, 2003, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by Alte22a
Well finished reverting back to 10.2.6. No luck, I just that the battery is not dead. Going to my friends house tonight who also has a Ti but he hasn't updated yet. I hope that my battery charges on his machine. If not then my battery is diffnately dead. :(

At the monent I am just cloning my desktop to my PB..... yeap going back to 10.2.8 on the PB. It was much snappier, at the expense of the battery...

There were no speed improvements in 10.2.8. If you saw a speed gain it's because you needed to run a few system maintenance tasks. Also running prebinding can greatly help. Another thing is did you check to make sure your processor cycling was set at a proper priority and not at max. That would cause the fan to come on and the system to run faster.

Alte22a
Sep 30, 2003, 12:23 PM
Actually starting it up right now. Is there any negative effects cloning from a desktop to a PB? Cause intsalling and setting up 2 machines is tiring...

MacBandit
Sep 30, 2003, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by Alte22a
Actually starting it up right now. Is there any negative effects cloning from a desktop to a PB? Cause intsalling and setting up 2 machines is tiring...

I would only clone from an identical system to another identical system. The system installer identifies the machine it's installing into and installs the proper components accordingly. That's not saying the components aren't there on the install it's just that most of them will not be part of the active system.