Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

livingfortoday

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Nov 17, 2004
The Msp
Ok everyone, time to impress me with your amazing memories!

I have been looking for an old After Dark module for the longest time, and I have no clue what it is called, or where to find it. From what I remember, it was a game where you had a little spaceship that went around shooting baddies. They could follow you, I believe, too. You had a little base where you could go back and recharge your shields and health and whatnot, but I think you could be attacked while there, too.

I feel like the last Mac I had this on was my old Performa, but I can't remember for sure. If anyone knows what this game was, or where to find it, I'd be forever indebted to you!

r6girl

Administrator/Project Manager
Staff member
Sep 6, 2003
New England
i loved lunatic fringe!

it was part of after dark's screen saver package - it was not a stand-alone game app, iirc.

i have tried to find it myself, but i haven't seen anything that would work past OS9.

good luck to you - if you find something for OSX, let us know! :)

r6girl

Staff member
Sep 6, 2003
New England
great find! but where did you find the after dark module it prompts you to open? i checked versiontracker, but the after dark screensavers they have there won't download... :(

livingfortoday

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Nov 17, 2004
The Msp
For me when I first ran Fringe Player it asked me to locate the module for Lunatic Fringe. At that point I just pointed it to the module I downloaded, and it started it up.

r6girl

Staff member
Sep 6, 2003
New England
For me when I first ran Fringe Player it asked me to locate the module for Lunatic Fringe. At that point I just pointed it to the module I downloaded, and it started it up.

that's exactly what i did too. i'll do the usual (fix permissions, reboot, etc.) and see if that helps. thanks! :)

Exit143

macrumors newbie
Feb 21, 2009
I don't really know the rules regarding topping threads or begging people to send the module to someone else... So I'm not going to ask someone to send the module to brian at capatriots dot com (wink)

macman200912

macrumors newbie
Nov 16, 2009
Lunatic Fringe

I have also been looking for this module. I have it on my Macintosh IIFX but the computer is not working. I am trying to fix this. I have gone to the web site listed below but I cant see to get it working.

If someone could help me that would be great!

Thanks,

Ok everyone, time to impress me with your amazing memories!

I have been looking for an old After Dark module for the longest time, and I have no clue what it is called, or where to find it. From what I remember, it was a game where you had a little spaceship that went around shooting baddies. They could follow you, I believe, too. You had a little base where you could go back and recharge your shields and health and whatnot, but I think you could be attacked while there, too.

I feel like the last Mac I had this on was my old Performa, but I can't remember for sure. If anyone knows what this game was, or where to find it, I'd be forever indebted to you!

JRLfrom68k

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2009
Try replacing the batteries in your IIfx. A main reason why II-series Macs won't power up is the battery.

macman200912

macrumors newbie
Nov 16, 2009
Mac IIFX

Ok, I purchased (2) batteries and it powers up. However, an icon of a disc with a question mark appears. I can't seem to move past this issue now.

JRLfrom68k

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2009
The blinking disc means that your IIfx isn't finding a bootable system.

Do you have any other computers w/floppy drives?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.