Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
Boasting the slogan "Shop different," the new Mac outlet is slated to open May 19 in Mclean, Va. The company this week sent out media invitations to attend a May 15 sneak preview of the shop in Tyson's Corner, an upscale shopping district.

Apple has sent invites to a preview of their first retail store.

An interesting move - as its primary push may be to entice new users and improve branding. Apple's product line is the most visually striking that it has ever been... a lot of curious eyes may be lured in...

buffsldr

macrumors 6502a
May 7, 2001
A mac hands on experience will boost sales

As a recent "convert" to Macs, I believe this will be a great chance for others to see why a Mac is great. I thought Mac people were idiots, until a coworker showed me his Powerbook G3 laptop. He would say... "You know how hard it is to do [whatever] in Windows?" And then he would proceed to do the same thing in a fraction of the time. The Mac OS won me over. I got tired of buying Wintel add-ons, (ethernet, scsi) that conflicted with IRQ's.

Having seen first hand the graceful operating system of the mac (and now OS X), I fell in love. I now have a G4 466 and love it.

As an experienced Wintel user (therefore a frustrated one), I feel there are many experienced, and casual, users who are frustrated with the Wintel experience and are longing for something new.

I realize some of you Mac old timers might be a bit resentful of us "Johnny-come-latelys
, but I am happy to be here now.

blakespot

Administrator
Jun 4, 2000
Alexandria, VA
Kickass

Too fine. I live 15 mins from that location. I can't wait... And I'm starting to think of moving up to a G4 of some sort.

bp

thedbp

macrumors member
Apr 19, 2001
Balto., MD
That's not too far from my house

God, wouldn't it be great if a busload of Apple fanatics showed up at the site of the store for the press screening? I'm not sure if they would see it as support for the company or a fanatical addiction; reporters are weird like that. But I'm considering doing it anyway, if nothing else than to maybe get a sneak peek even though I won't be buying a Mac anytime soon ... not until my G3 is paid off in 2006 :) But by that time, I should be able to get my hands on a sweet G6 Laptop ;)

thedbp

Djk515

macrumors newbie
Mar 1, 2001
Happy Birthday!

My birthday is May 15th and what better gift for a Mac-head than a new chain of Apple stores. I couldn't have asked for anything better. Of course, this is also a gift to every other Mac user.

Thanks Apple!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.