PDA

View Full Version : Shop Different

MacRumors
May 7, 2001, 11:07 PM
Boasting the slogan "Shop different," the new Mac outlet is slated to open May 19 in Mclean, Va. The company this week sent out media invitations to attend a May 15 sneak preview of the shop in Tyson's Corner, an upscale shopping district.

Apple has sent invites (http://www.zdnet.com/eweek/stories/general/0,11011,2716352,00.html) to a preview of their first retail store.

An interesting move - as its primary push may be to entice new users and improve branding. Apple's product line is the most visually striking that it has ever been... a lot of curious eyes may be lured in...

buffsldr
May 8, 2001, 01:39 AM
As a recent "convert" to Macs, I believe this will be a great chance for others to see why a Mac is great. I thought Mac people were idiots, until a coworker showed me his Powerbook G3 laptop. He would say... "You know how hard it is to do [whatever] in Windows?" And then he would proceed to do the same thing in a fraction of the time. The Mac OS won me over. I got tired of buying Wintel add-ons, (ethernet, scsi) that conflicted with IRQ's.

Having seen first hand the graceful operating system of the mac (and now OS X), I fell in love. I now have a G4 466 and love it.

As an experienced Wintel user (therefore a frustrated one), I feel there are many experienced, and casual, users who are frustrated with the Wintel experience and are longing for something new.

I realize some of you Mac old timers might be a bit resentful of us "Johnny-come-latelys
, but I am happy to be here now.

blakespot
May 8, 2001, 08:27 AM
Too fine. I live 15 mins from that location. I can't wait... And I'm starting to think of moving up to a G4 of some sort.

bp

thedbp
May 8, 2001, 11:05 AM
God, wouldn't it be great if a busload of Apple fanatics showed up at the site of the store for the press screening? I'm not sure if they would see it as support for the company or a fanatical addiction; reporters are weird like that. But I'm considering doing it anyway, if nothing else than to maybe get a sneak peek even though I won't be buying a Mac anytime soon ... not until my G3 is paid off in 2006 :) But by that time, I should be able to get my hands on a sweet G6 Laptop ;)

thedbp

Djk515
May 8, 2001, 03:31 PM
My birthday is May 15th and what better gift for a Mac-head than a new chain of Apple stores. I couldn't have asked for anything better. Of course, this is also a gift to every other Mac user.

Thanks Apple!