Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ian.Groh

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 13, 2007
I want to install Red Faction, but I'm running OS X, and I don't have Classic installed on our system.
Is there anyway I can install it using OS X?

Eric5h5

macrumors 68020
Dec 9, 2004
I think they released some updated OS X CDs for Red Faction. You can try to find one of those (possibly the company sells them for an upgrade fee, if they have any left).

--Eric

Ian.Groh

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 13, 2007
I think they released some updated OS X CDs for Red Faction. You can try to find one of those (possibly the company sells them for an upgrade fee, if they have any left).

--Eric
Thanks, I'll look around for those. The only things I have seen are the OS X patches.

Ian.Groh

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 13, 2007
No, I don't have an Intel computer.
I have the Classic CD'S, and when I was trying to install it, it said back the computer up first, and we don't have anything to do that.
I was just wondering if there was any way to do it differently.

We probably should backup our computer anyway....
My sister has like 7 gigs of pictures from her trip to New York, and other stuff.

Eric5h5

macrumors 68020
Dec 9, 2004
I have the Classic CD'S, and when I was trying to install it, it said back the computer up first

I don't remember anything like that with Classic here. Aren't you just using the Classic installer package from your system disc? It just copies some files onto your hard drive, nothing special.

We probably should backup our computer anyway....

Yes. You are asking for trouble otherwise. :)

--Eric

Hapa Hanu

macrumors newbie
Aug 5, 2006

--Eric

:: arrives waaaay late again ::

Yes it is true. There is an exchange program by Graphsim - customer sends in the original double disc OS 9 Red Faction installers and for FREE the customer will receive a single OSX DVD installer. Follow the instructions here: http://www.graphsim.com/support.html.

Disclaimer: I visited the Apple Store not too long ago and the Intel Macs wouldn't run the Red Faction DVD installer. Sad. Real sad.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.