Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Yousif

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 14, 2007
Hello all,

I remember when I bought my Macbook (2.0 GHz Core 2 Duo) there was this restriction on the 4gb of ram, where it can only recognize about 3gb of the total 4...
However, now I see the apple store is officially providing macbooks with the option to install 4 gb of ram. is it because of leopard? or new chips? or did they remove this restriction in the new macbooks (Santa Rosa MacBook) ?? or is it something else? ...

Can I install 4 gb of ram to my macbook and be able to use them all? and if yes, are the 4 gb chips from OWC are the same as the ones that apple has?

I'm asking a lot of questions here,, hehe ,, i'm sorry but i really don't know exactly what to ask, hopefully you'd understand what i'm trying to say/ask....

thanks all,

Yousif

Eraserhead

macrumors G4
Nov 3, 2005
UK
They've updated the Macbooks, your still has a limitation of 3GB rather than 4GB.

Buying RAM from other places apart from Apple is much cheaper, but it isn't covered under warranty.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.