Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jcib

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 14, 2007
Hi

I'm looking to buy a graphics tablet in the next couple of weeks. I'd like it to be wireless, so the Wacom Graphire Bluetooth 6x8 Tablet seems to be the product for me. However, I'm a bit worried about its age; it's been about for a few years. Any idea when we'll see an update, or does anyone know of a better product?

Thanks in advance

bbeers

macrumors regular
Dec 14, 2007
Maryland
I love my Wacom Intuos3 9 x 12 and wouldn't even think of any other brand after using Wacom. As far as the wireless I have no idea. Is there a specific reason for wanting wireless?

LeviG

macrumors 65816
Nov 6, 2006
Norfolk, UK
I agree that wacom is the only way to go, I'm not even sure I know of any other graphics tablets which are wireless.

jcib

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 14, 2007
I'd like it to be wireless so that I can use it during presentations - we don't have an interactive whiteboard and don't really want to go down that route. We prefer the interactiveness which this will give - passing the tablet rather than jumping up and down to write on a board is more appealing and we believe will be more productive as we'd have access to our work set out on the tables in front of us.

creator2456

macrumors 68000
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago
Wacom tablets last for years so I wouldn't worry about it not being 'good enough'. I would however look around their site to see if they may be releasing a new version soon just in case.

Artful Dodger

macrumors 68020
I'd like it to be wireless so that I can use it during presentations - we don't have an interactive whiteboard and don't really want to go down that route. We prefer the interactiveness which this will give - passing the tablet rather than jumping up and down to write on a board is more appealing and we believe will be more productive as we'd have access to our work set out on the tables in front of us.
I have only one question about this method as it's not quite making sense to me, how will the people see what they will be writing since the "pens" don't leave any actual writting on the tablets? If they will be looking at the screen to write while using the tablet have these people used tablets before? I would just hate to see you get or spend extra on the BT units if people will have a hell of a time writting on them (then again it could be fun at first ;)).
The BT units are nice, mine is wired and not a concern but as others have said sign up for the news letter/e-mail notifications because over the last few weeks I've gotten new news about new models that have come out or are coming out.
Good luck and enjoy :)

klymr

macrumors 65816
May 16, 2007
Utah
I have been thinking about getting myself the Intous 9x11. I really like the look of the Special Edition one also. I may be spending a bit of my student loan check on a tablet to make projects a bit easier.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.