PDA

View Full Version : iClear users: Report!

bc008
Dec 15, 2007, 08:31 AM
after only a few weeks my iclear looks horrible.
the front is all scratched up, the back isnt as bad, but still has a lot of scratches.

also, for some reason more and more dirt is getting into it?

how is yours doing?

ps. i havnt dropped it at all, just normal in and out of pocket use

jman2003
Dec 15, 2007, 05:03 PM
yeah
when i had my ipod video i had the iclear and hated it.
it got so scratched and alot of crumbs and dirt got under it, scratching off the finish and overall scratching the ipod.
I have a dlo jam jacket for it and i love it.

orangetrumpeter
Dec 15, 2007, 10:00 PM
the front is all scratched up, the back isnt as bad, but still has a lot of scratches.

how is yours doing?

I have had the same issues that you are describing.... but, I've just been dealing with it, because I have yet to find another case that I like/trust. I keep a close eye on ilounge.com for whatever is new and well rated.

Bowlerguy10
Dec 15, 2007, 10:37 PM
Do you think you could take a picture of your case so I can see how bad it looks when it is scratched? I'm looking to get one and want to know this.

archurban
Dec 15, 2007, 10:57 PM
it's not just iclear case but also all kind of clear plastic cases. only agent18 case is much less scratches, and more duarable. so my conclusion is that you shouldn't buy iclear, power support case, other clear plastic stuff. only agent18 is passed by my test.

Aaleck
Dec 16, 2007, 12:23 AM
I agree, the back of the case looks all scuffed up... I've tried doing different things to it to get them to go away since the base itself isn't scratched...it just looks like it...and the front top and 2 lower peices are the same way.

I'm thinking about getting an InvisiSheild...though it wont cover it against dents (have 2 small ones already, eek) it will scratches... plus I would get the slimness back and would be able to hit the lock button easier :rolleyes:

legacyb4
Dec 16, 2007, 12:52 AM
Same here. The shiny front face has picked up some wear spots which could only come from rubbing against my jacket zipper when sliding it into my pocket.

The screen is otherwise fine with the film provided although I have noticed the edges where the hard plastic meeting the film and around the Sleep button do gather dust.

how is yours doing?

animenick65
Dec 17, 2007, 10:28 PM
Mine is scuffed up as well and the screen protector is a dust magnet. The main thing though is that this protects my iPod touch very well. It's thick enough to prevent it from dings and keeps the back looking as new as the day I bought it. This is really the main point here folks. Of course it doesn't make the iPod look better than it did before, but when I go to sell mine and it looks brand new I'll be thankful I had the case on it. Now I don't have to worry about keeping it in my pocket.

bc008
Dec 19, 2007, 06:47 PM
yea, my screen protector left a gritty feel on my screen after i discarded my iClear

anyone know some good leather flip cases?