PDA

View Full Version : Two(2) button mouse or trackpad mod for PowerBook aluminum?

lucface
Dec 17, 2007, 10:36 AM
Im looking for any directions on a mod that will enable my pb to act like a Mac Book Pro with the two finger trackpad ctrl click function. Or an actual second button hardware Mod.

xUKHCx
Dec 17, 2007, 10:39 AM
This looks like it might work: iScroll2 (http://iscroll2.sourceforge.net/)

Cloudsurfer
Dec 17, 2007, 10:39 AM
I don't think it's possible unles you cut out a large chunk of aluminum out of your powerbook and plant a macbook pro touchpad in there.

It would be easier and far cheaper to just plug in a mouse.

jelloyacket
Dec 17, 2007, 10:59 AM
I've Sidetrack with great success. Since I upgraded to Leopard, I've been waiting for the new release. You can check it out here:

http://www.ragingmenace.com/software/sidetrack/

EvryDayImShufln
Dec 17, 2007, 01:28 PM
I don't think it's possible unles you cut out a large chunk of aluminum out of your powerbook and plant a macbook pro touchpad in there.

It would be easier and far cheaper to just plug in a mouse.

Back when I had a PB, I used some sortware to do it. Probably one of the software suggested by other posters. Just to basically say that it CAN be done, it worked pretty darn well too.

lucface
Dec 17, 2007, 02:57 PM
iscroll, i dont need cause i already have 2 finger scrolling and sidetrack is just weird and doesnt do what i want. thanks though.

Im looking to right click(ctrl click) with a 2 fingered tap on the track pad.

yah sidetrack has the option to turn the mouse(clicker) into ctrl click, but i dont want to sacrifice it.

TheStu
Dec 17, 2007, 03:31 PM
iscroll, i dont need cause i already have 2 finger scrolling and sidetrack is just weird and doesnt do what i want. thanks though.

Im looking to right click(ctrl click) with a 2 fingered tap on the track pad.

yah sidetrack has the option to turn the mouse(clicker) into ctrl click, but i dont want to sacrifice it.

You might want to check out iScroll2 anyway, that enable 2 finger right clicking for me. I can't 2 finger tap click but I can 2 finger click. You can tell it to not scroll but still have that.

psychofreak
Dec 17, 2007, 03:32 PM
An upgrade to Leopard allows this too...

mrkramer
Dec 17, 2007, 03:34 PM
You might want to check out iScroll2 anyway, that enable 2 finger right clicking for me. I can't 2 finger tap click but I can 2 finger click. You can tell it to not scroll but still have that.

IIRC iscroll2 won't work on the trackpads that have two finger scrolling from the factory.

lucface
Dec 18, 2007, 01:49 AM
An upgrade to Leopard allows this too...

oooh,.. no sh_t?

jelloyacket
Dec 18, 2007, 04:56 AM
I've got Leopard on my PB, but no 2-button scroll. It does allow tap to click, which didn't seem to work under Tiger (even though there was an option in the Trackpad preferences).

Again, Sidetrack is the way to go; it offers tons of flexibility in how you configure your trackpad.

chaosbunny
Dec 18, 2007, 05:29 AM
Oh my god! I just realized leopard really does this! I have it on my powerbook since one and a half weeks and thanks to this thread I just discovered it! My machine is the 1,67 ghz model with the 1280x854 screen.

I don't know if this will work for the 1,5 ghz pbs too. Maybe clone your hd on an external one and just try it?

As for upgrading to leopard, I was really impressed. I just upgraded and did not reinstall completely. It took about 5 mouseklicks and 1 hour of waiting. No crashes or any weird behaviour so far, and the machine feels snappier than with tiger. Oh and I have much software installed, Adobe CS3 Design Standard, Cinema 4D, and lots of little helper programs. So far this has been a more easy than expected upgrade, and now I even get the 2 finger click hurray! :)