PDA

View Full Version : Ipod Dead????

Fooj
Dec 17, 2007, 12:19 PM
I have an ipod 2nd gen nano, black, 8GB, and at work today, it just stopped working, blank screen, tried to reset, nothing, plugged in to electrical oulet, nothing, plugged into both a windows and mac computers, nothing!

Is it dead? i have tried everythin on the apple website, i noticed the battery life aint been that good in the last couple of months, and i had reset it a few times! but nothing appears to work anymore.

and what makes it even worse, is that its 3weeks out of warranty!!!

any suggestions? i no i can send it to be repaired, but what are costs? and do they not just out weighed by the fact that a new one is more beneficial?

Im a little annoyed, as my ipod was what got me started on macs, i now have a macbook pro, is this gonna die 3 weeks out of warranty?

And if i have no choice for a new one any suggestions? new nano's look good, but i really fancy a tough, but a little pricey! and a iphone is just a no, with at least another 8 months left to run on exisitng contract!

Cheers in advance

lamina
Dec 17, 2007, 12:46 PM
So I suppose you tried the reset thing.. menu and center keys at the same time... or disk mode if it shows the  symbol when you boot it up... which is center and play/pause.

You might want to call Apple and see if they'll be lenient with the warranty thing. I've heard of them giving some amnesty. Just be nice and polite.