PDA

View Full Version : Apples iBook donation

Paolo
Sep 25, 2001, 02:36 AM
Is Apples donation to the people involved in the WTC collapse a 'sick' marketing skeem?

Apple donated an iBook to every family who had lost somebody in the terrorist attacks. But only if the family had children. Does this seem like a sick way of marketing to anybody else?

al256
Sep 25, 2001, 07:43 AM
There's nothing sick about being generous, by giving it to kids the parents can't sell it. Little kids don't care that much about an OS there using as long as they can use it. There's no hatred for macs yet also the ibook is just there size. Why are you complaining do you want a ibook? If we gain some life long mac users from this act of kindness, what's wrong with that?

MattB
Sep 25, 2001, 10:49 AM
I think the iBook donations was the best donation I've heard so far.

By donating the iBooks, Apple is helping to expand the knowledge and learning of those children and making them better people by giving them the tools they need to learn and educate themselves. Remember, those children will be our leaders someday. Money can only do so much.

Paolo
Sep 26, 2001, 01:45 AM
Yes I see the act as an act of kindess but as you said apple is most likely going to pick up a few mac fans from this who are going to buy a new mac and so on. So yes I'm sure they did it out of kindness but I was wondering they may have also had a marketing gimick in the back of there mind.

Ger Nijkamp
Sep 26, 2001, 01:41 PM
I'm afraid I didn't hear the right reason here: the iBooks are ment to be the digital connnection (e-mail, internet) between the families that suffer the lost of their relatives.

It's far the best way to keep in touch with each other, no matter where you are in the world, and helping each other with the discribless feeling only this group can share.

rekras
Sep 26, 2001, 03:07 PM
This is the third time I've asked and yet noone has answered me. Are the ibooks going to just fireman's children or all the children???

ThomasB
Sep 26, 2001, 04:51 PM
The iBooks are going to all children who lost a parent in the attack.

rekras
Sep 26, 2001, 11:28 PM
wow then im getting a free ibook for christmas