PDA

View Full Version : 12 Powerbook G4 867 Max Ram

mashinhead
Dec 17, 2007, 04:30 PM
I'm restoring a 12 powerbook I got as a hand me down. I've been researching a ram upgrade, and officially it says it supports 640 mb, with only one ram slot. but i have been reading around that, I can stick a 1 GB stick in there and get it to recognize it. What i want to know is, do i have to do anything special to do that? Or will it automatically recognize it if I stick it in there? This the original 867 model.

TheStu
Dec 17, 2007, 05:18 PM
I'm restoring a 12 powerbook I got as a hand me down. I've been researching a ram upgrade, and officially it says it supports 640 mb, with only one ram slot. but i have been reading around that, I can stick a 1 GB stick in there and get it to recognize it. What i want to know is, do i have to do anything special to do that? Or will it automatically recognize it if I stick it in there? This the original 867 model.

I could have sworn that the 867 had the 256 onboard RAM as well... but I suppose not. Worst case scenario is that the system will only give you 640MB of RAM when you plug in the 1GB chip.