PDA

View Full Version : Bluetooth Pro Mouse/Keyboard battery life?

medea
Oct 1, 2003, 06:26 PM
Does anyone know how long the batteries are supposed to last in the new Apple Pro Mouse and Keyboard under regular use? And since I'm on the topic has anyone actually used one yet and if so is there a considerable or noticeable lag time or delay?
Thanks in advance.

QCassidy352
Oct 1, 2003, 08:04 PM
I think Apple said it was supposed to be 3 months on the mouse and 9 months on the keyboard. No one knows real battery life yet of course.

Balin64
Oct 1, 2003, 11:00 PM
There is NO lagtime, no delay. The mouse tracking seems to be slower, but it could just be me. Be warned, however: if you are using the peripherals with a D-Link adapter, make sure you install the wireless software first, THEN update the firmware. If you do not, the peripherals will not be able to wake the computer. This is not documented in the instructions. Also, the battery life Apple states is very optimistic. I have using my mouse, under normal home Mac use, and the new (batteries that came with Mouse) are alreadt half drained according to System Preferences. I don't regret getting it though, it's awesome, but just wanted to pass on my experiences.

DeKa
Oct 2, 2003, 12:49 AM
Hopefully updating the firmware fixes the problem of not being able to start the mac from sleep.

Teach me to read the manual hey!
Derek.