PDA

View Full Version : PowerBook G4 superdrive update problem

TeriAnn
Dec 17, 2007, 09:35 PM
I own a PowerBook G4 1GHz, 15 inch, Titanium DVI with UJ-815-C superdrive. The drive read CD's fine but would not recognize DVDs.

I bought an Apple UJ-825-C DVD/RW Superdrive and installed it as an upgrade replacement.

The computer profiler does not recognize the existence of the new (used) drive.

Do I need to perform a firmware update or install a special driver for the computer to see the new drive?:confused:

System is 10.4.11

I checked the archives but couldn't find anything.

TeriAnn
Dec 19, 2007, 01:27 PM
So I gather no one knows if a Superdrive upgrade should be accompanied by a Superdrive firmware upgrade (downgrade?) to get the drive to work on an older PowerBook??

:confused::confused:

nep61
Dec 19, 2007, 02:11 PM
So I gather no one knows if a Superdrive upgrade should be accompanied by a Superdrive firmware upgrade (downgrade?) to get the drive to work on an older PowerBook??

:confused::confused:

I had upgraded my Aluminum PB 1.25GHz 2x DVD burner to a 3rd party 8x Dual Layer burner, and didn't have to upgrade any drivers or firmware that I remember:rolleyes:...
I know this doesn't answer your question specifically, but I think you can rule out the driver being an issue... Obviously, run Software update.

Wish I could be of more help:confused:

notengolegs
Dec 19, 2007, 02:17 PM
Are you sure it is an Apple drive? If it isn't then you should download Patchburn (www.patchburn.de (http://www.patchburn.de))