Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Doctor Q

Administrator
Original poster
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
MacRumors has experienced an ever-increasing rate of growth. To continue providing our members with the quality of forums they expect, we are expanding our volunteer staff. It is my pleasure to announce that we have a new MacRumors administrator and four new MacRumors moderators!

WildCowboy, from the Bay Area in Northern California, is our new administrator. As a member since January 2005 and a moderator for the past year, WildCowboy has shown great organizational skill, leadership, and an understanding of how best to help the site.

Our new moderators expand our moderation team to keep pace with forum activity, which now routinely exceeds 4000 posts per day.

In alphabetical order, they are:
mad jew, from Adelaide, Australia, a member since April 2004

mkrishnan, from Gainsville, Florida, a member since January 2004

xUKHCx, from Watford, UK (northwest of the Greater London area), a member since January 2006

yellow, from Durham, North Carolina, a member since October 2003​
All four have have been outstanding members of our community, proving help and support to other members on a regular basis. We are very pleased that they have volunteered to help our team of moderators make the MacRumors forums as useful and enjoyable to as many members as possible.

Please help me thank them for offering their service to our community, and to thank the entire team for their continued efforts on behalf of the site.

The MacRumors moderators:
AmbitiousLemon
Blue Velvet
devilot
edesignuk
HexMonkey
jsw
mad jew
Mitthrawnuruodo
mkrishnan
Mr. Anderson
Nermal
Rower_CPU
WildCowboy
WinterMute
xUKHCx
yellow

Other "staff":
Site owner: arn

Administrators: Doctor Q, Mudbug, and WildCowboy

Site/server/software manager: Knox

Editor: longofest

Reminders:
To contact the moderators about problems in the forums, use the Report Post
report.gif
button.

For administrative issues and technical problems in using the forums, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of a forum page.

To make public suggestions or comments, post here in the Site and Forum Feedback forum.​

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
Congrats boys (why aren't there more girly mod types?). Well deserved, except for that Mad Jew guy.

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
Darn, now how are we supposed to see what title Mad Jew gets when he crosses 50k posts in a few months. :eek:

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
Thanks for the warm welcome, folks...looking forward to helping keep the motor running around here.

And congratulations to our newest additions to the moderating team. Your model behavior here in the forums and your sizable bribes made you four easy choices.

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
Your model behavior here in the forums and your sizable bribes made you four easy choices.

They just ruin it for the rest of us, I don't think I can cram that many hookers into a Yugo without having to leave behind the keg of beer.

xUKHCx

Administrator emeritus
Jan 15, 2006
The Kop
Firstly thanks to all the well wishers, although given my few new mods I feel I am the least well known.

<trembles in fear>

Well done to our new overlords. Well deserved one and all. :)

EDIT: Given xUKHCx's new found status and member-banning ability, my comment yesterday evening about Watford's strip being girly may have been ill-advised and poorly timed. Bugger. :eek:

I'm proud that my team are confident in their sexuality that they can go out in a girly colour.

Welcome aboard guys, you are now allowed to ban 10 random members...!:D

please sir can I have some more ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.