Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrkgoo

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 18, 2005
New game coming?

878stqa.png

stagi

macrumors 65816
Feb 18, 2006
I just saw this too, looks pretty fun but I don't know how easy it would be to play on a nano? Anyone try this out yet?

Shoesy

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2007
Colchester, UK.
I'm assuming it would play in a tunnel like thing using the clickwheel to move side to side to collect rings?

From the info provided it would appear to be a conversion of sonic 1 - including bonus levels and a choice of one or two handed control systems.
:)

Now if only I hadn't spent all of my moneys on christmas presents.
:eek:

heatmiser

macrumors 68020
Dec 6, 2007
Just a reminder that if y'all have a PC or Mac made in the last 5 years, you can run the game natively (as in, the exact game as it came on the Genesis) via emulators. Just yesterday, I downloaded a Genesis emulator and Sonic, because I wanted to play it on my Macbook. It's become somewhat of a tradition during finals week :^)

benpatient

macrumors 68000
Nov 4, 2003
i'm having a VERY hard time imagining how this works with the ipod's controls...and i'm not going to pay to find out...

Sky Blue

Jan 8, 2005
Just a reminder that if y'all have a PC or Mac made in the last 5 years, you can run the game natively (as in, the exact game as it came on the Genesis) via emulators. Just yesterday, I downloaded a Genesis emulator and Sonic, because I wanted to play it on my Macbook. It's become somewhat of a tradition during finals week :^)

That's....ya know..illegal and all.

anyway, marble zone act2 is really tricky on the iPod.

Clive At Five

macrumors 65816
May 26, 2004
St. Paul, MN
Can anyone get screenshots? I'm having trouble picturing how this is even conceivable using only a scroll wheel...

Hold button fucntionality anyone? ;)

EDIT: tooooooooo sloooooooooow :( I might as well make use of this post.

I think it's AWESOME that they used what looks like a direct port from the original. Unfortunately, no revving, though. ;) That's Sonic 2 and onward... IIRC

-Clive

heatmiser

macrumors 68020
Dec 6, 2007
Yea people have known about desktop emulators for years now... nothing new.

The funny thing about knowledge is that not everyone knows about everything at once. You might have known about emus for years, but lots of people new to gaming don't. Nothing's ever new, but plenty's fun to talk about.

kornyboy

macrumors 68000
Sep 27, 2004
Knoxville, TN (USA)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/3B48b Safari/419.3)

Cool. Those of you who buy it let those of us who are curious know how the controls work/feel. Just interested to know.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.