Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

godisjustpreten

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 12, 2007
...is it possible to exchange at Apple store if there is something wrong with it? I apologize if this is a stupid question.

EDIT: Think I found the answer.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
It's hit or miss. Don't tell them you bought it elsewhere. I had an iPod I bought from Amazon swapped at an Apple Store. I did have AppleCare but the iPod was under the 1 year warranty at the time.

godisjustpreten

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 12, 2007
I didn't buy from Amazon - I'm just tempted to enter the whole exchange game to get a decent Touch (I originally gave up after a few exchanges). Amazon.com has it for $269 with free overnight shipping. Very tempting.

ScottFitz

macrumors 6502a
Nov 3, 2007
I got mine the day after thanksgiving for 359 from Amazon. Next day it was back up to 399. Now they slice it down to 359 again, but to get it by x-mas, they get to rape you a bit on shipping and make back their profit.

If you are disciplined enough to take the free shipping option and get it when you get it, then you save on tax and free shipping and *that's* a deal! :eek:

godisjustpreten

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 12, 2007
I got mine the day after thanksgiving for 359 from Amazon. Next day it was back up to 399. Now they slice it down to 359 again, but to get it by x-mas, they get to rape you a bit on shipping and make back their profit.

If you are disciplined enough to take the free shipping option and get it when you get it, then you save on tax and free shipping and *that's* a deal! :eek:

Incorrect. I ordered one last night (12/19) at 8pm. I got *free* 1-day shipping. It's on my way here, and is expected to arrive tomorrow. They are still offering free 1-day shipping (up until 3pm EST, I believe), so it will arrive on 12/24.

EDIT: It's actually 6:30pm tonight for the cutoff to get free 1-day shipping and have it arrive on tomorrow 12/21. Something interesting, however: within the past few minutes, they just raised the 8GB from $269 (which I paid) to $277. So free shipping is "free" I suppose. As of 1:15pm EST the 16GB is still $359 though.

ScottFitz

macrumors 6502a
Nov 3, 2007
Incorrect. I ordered one last night (12/19) at 8pm. I got *free* 1-day shipping. It's on my way here, and is expected to arrive tomorrow. They are still offering free 1-day shipping (up until 3pm EST, I believe), so it will arrive on 12/24.

EDIT: It's actually 6:30pm tonight for the cutoff to get free 1-day shipping and have it arrive on tomorrow 12/21. Something interesting, however: within the past few minutes, they just raised the 8GB from $269 (which I paid) to $277. So free shipping is "free" I suppose. As of 1:15pm EST the 16GB is still $359 though.

My bad, you scored! That's what I get for making assumptions. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.