PDA

View Full Version : Altec Lansing inMotion....

ScottDodson
Oct 1, 2003, 10:46 PM
Hey guys, if you haven't seen it this is what I'm talking about....it's the ipod stereo thing...LOL, you can see it at the apple store, the only place I've seen them.

My question is this....

It says it works on the new ipods with the dock bottom...but it also says it works with the older ones too. Does anyone have any knowledge on how the older ipods without the dock will fit on this thing, or if it will for that matter?? Just shopping for my g/f and this looks like a cool gift, and I don't want to buy it for her if it doesn't sit stable on top of that dock plug....

(this is a fairly new product, so maybe no one has any experience with it yet :(

thx

iDave
Oct 1, 2003, 11:52 PM
I don't have the answer to your question, but have another. The specs don't say anything about an A/C power adapter. Surely they don't expect you to run it on batteries all the time, do they? It looks cool but is something I'd have to hear before I buy.

shadowfax
Oct 2, 2003, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by iDave
I don't have the answer to your question, but have another. The specs don't say anything about an A/C power adapter. Surely they don't expect you to run it on batteries all the time, do they? It looks cool but is something I'd have to hear before I buy. i'm pretty sure i read somewhere that it has an A/C adaptor, but i wouldn't waste money on something that runs portably off AA batteries. i would want a real lithium battery that recharged like a laptop. what a shame.

tomf87
Oct 2, 2003, 07:37 AM
It uses the dock cable that came with the iPod, so you can charge through FireWire or the FireWire AC adapter. It's the third bullet down on the list at the Apple Store.

tomf87
Oct 2, 2003, 07:41 AM
Originally posted by ScottDodson
Hey guys, if you haven't seen it this is what I'm talking about....it's the ipod stereo thing...LOL, you can see it at the apple store, the only place I've seen them.

My question is this....

It says it works on the new ipods with the dock bottom...but it also says it works with the older ones too. Does anyone have any knowledge on how the older ipods without the dock will fit on this thing, or if it will for that matter?? Just shopping for my g/f and this looks like a cool gift, and I don't want to buy it for her if it doesn't sit stable on top of that dock plug....

(this is a fairly new product, so maybe no one has any experience with it yet :(

thx

I assume they will just use the headphone jack on the older iPods. The newer iPods support Line Out through the dock connector, which will give you better sound quality through amplified speakers.

ncalmark
Oct 22, 2003, 10:46 AM
The inMotion has a rubberized cover that fits over the well & dock connector when using an old iPod. This this cover has an indention that the iPod fits into. So the older iPods sit between the speakers, just like the newer ones with the dock. There is a short cable included in the package that goes from the headphone jack on the old iPod to an auxiliary input on the back of the inMotion.

Hope this helps.