PDA

View Full Version : airport card for powermac G4 do i need it?

kenmasters
Dec 18, 2007, 04:48 PM
my powermac G4 has an airport card installed but i have road runner turbo hooked up via ethernet what else can the airport card do?

do i still have to have the airport card installed for the G4 to work i mean is it a necessity???

tkidBOSTON
Dec 18, 2007, 04:51 PM
my powermac G4 has an airport card installed but i have road runner turbo hooked up via ethernet what else can the airport card do?

do i still have to have the airport card installed for the G4 to work i mean is it a necessity???

You don't need it.
But you should sell it to me. ;)

iPhil
Dec 18, 2007, 04:52 PM

If the PM is wired to RR modem then there's no need for the airport card..

Airport Card = wireless internet connection

kenmasters
Dec 18, 2007, 04:55 PM
so basically i can sell it then..cool i will put it on ebay or on the marketplace when i get 100 posts.

thanks!

Consultant
Dec 19, 2007, 10:20 AM
so basically i can sell it then..cool i will put it on ebay or on the marketplace when i get 100 posts.

thanks!

You can also sell on Craigslist.org. Sell local, and cash only, and you'll be fine.

Depends on the market you may be able to get about $60-$100 or more. The original Airport cards are more useful in the older iBooks and PowerBooks.

For PowerMac, if you really need wireless connection, you can get a PCI card with G or N.

Kosh66
Dec 19, 2007, 10:23 AM
You could use the airport card to wirelessly share the internet from the PowerMac G4 to other wireless computers. Or you can sell the card.