PDA

View Full Version : ipod cover flow screws up on repeat album titles

jakeopolis
Dec 18, 2007, 09:00 PM
hey all,

i just bought an ipod classic and i noticed a problem in cover flow. whenever i have multiple albums of the same name by different artists (for example, i have a lot of albums called simply "demos"), cover flow mixes them all together. this is bizarre, since itunes doesn't do this... any ideas on how to get around it? it's very annoying.

Martron
Dec 20, 2007, 12:19 PM
I've been having the same problem since I got the classic the day it came out! it seems to be a bug. People say its sorting by Artist and Album not by Album Artist, which I don't know is right because I don't have Album Artist filled out for anything in Itunes and it works fine. It's been a pretty big complaint since it was released but Apple has yet to fix the problem, if they ever will....You just have to rename your albums with the artists name or whatever, to seperate them. Otherwise you have to use the oldschool non-coverflow lists.

jakeopolis
Dec 20, 2007, 03:00 PM
I've been having the same problem since I got the classic the day it came out! it seems to be a bug. People say its sorting by Artist and Album not by Album Artist, which I don't know is right because I don't have Album Artist filled out for anything in Itunes and it works fine. It's been a pretty big complaint since it was released but Apple has yet to fix the problem, if they ever will....You just have to rename your albums with the artists name or whatever, to seperate them. Otherwise you have to use the oldschool non-coverflow lists.

grrr.... well, at least i know other people are having this issue... maybe apple will fix it in the next firmware. thanks anyway.