PDA

View Full Version : 15" Aluminium PowerBook and Panther

riwanami
Oct 2, 2003, 02:05 AM
I have a question about Pather and systems that will come preinstalled with it. I've read that Panther may be released as soon as October 24. If this is true, how long do you think it will be until Apple starts releasing the new 15" PowerBooks with Panther preinstalled? Is it immediate or do I have to wait several weeks? How do I tell which one I'm getting? Thanks for your input.

---------------
PowerBook 180c/8mb RAM/160mb HD/ state of the art 68030 33mhz processor with FPU!

cb911
Oct 2, 2003, 06:03 AM
if i remember correctly back to Jaguar's release i think that all Macs came with Jaguar as soon as it was released. i can't remember, but i think that some machines actually came with 10.2 preinstalled before it was released, so if you're really desprate to get 10.3 you might be able to buy a new Mac and have it a couple of days before everyone else. :p

as for knowing what OS will ship with a machine, it will be clearly stated. i don't think you'll have any confusion as to what OS will be coming with your Mac. :)

hope that helps you some.

mnkeybsness
Oct 2, 2003, 08:30 AM
apple just threw the install discs in most boxes along with the 10.1 install discs, so users had to install on their own.

PaisanoMan
Oct 3, 2003, 01:17 AM
Did Apple offer any kind of up-to-date program for Jaguar like they did with iLife?