PDA

View Full Version : Ripping iPod Music

shuffles
Dec 19, 2007, 10:13 AM
How do i rip other ppls ipod music from their ipod to mine? Is there a program i have to download??

n-abounds
Dec 19, 2007, 11:01 AM
You could make the invisible files on your iPod visible, and then just navigate through until you find the files (they have weird names like M40VP.mp3).

Open Terminal, and enter:
defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles TRUE (hit enter key)
killall Finder (hit enter key)

Then go to the iPod on your desktop and browse around until you find them. Then just copy them over. Once you're done, enter:

defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles FALSE (hit enter key)
killall Finder (hit enter key)

As long as you stick to my directions above, you'll be fine. If you don't feel comfortable with Terminal, then I guess wait for other people's advice. This is how I do it because it doesn't need a software program.

RumMunkey
Dec 19, 2007, 01:57 PM
OR...

You *could* quit being such a cheap bastard / criminal and stop stealing music. Y'know... I'm just sayin'. :mad:

decksnap
Dec 19, 2007, 04:31 PM
Also, you don't need to rip it, just copy it. Not that you should.

GimmeSlack12
Dec 19, 2007, 04:38 PM
Use Senuti. Works great.

n-abounds
Dec 19, 2007, 09:29 PM
OR...

You *could* quit being such a cheap bastard / criminal and stop stealing music. Y'know... I'm just sayin'. :mad:

OR MAYBE... it's a legal backup, as in he owns the cds but has absolutely no way to rip it into mp3 form...ya never know :rolleyes: ... :p

JSchwage
Dec 19, 2007, 09:32 PM
Maybe you should try buying music instead of stealing it. That way you actually support the artists! Isn't that great? It's like two gifts in one. The gift of receiving AND giving! :DOR MAYBE... it's a legal backup, as in he owns the cds but has absolutely no way to rip it into mp3 form...ya never know :rolleyes: ... :pAnd the possibility of that is, let's see... not very likely.

GimmeSlack12
Dec 20, 2007, 11:20 AM
Maybe you guys should just answer the question or not answer, instead of jumping to conclusions.

decksnap
Dec 20, 2007, 03:21 PM
No jumping needed.

n-abounds
Dec 20, 2007, 04:08 PM
True...that music may not be copyrighted. Perhaps his friends created it, or it's public domain. Let's leave it up to the cops rather than policing everybody ourselves.