PDA

View Full Version : Argh! Where is it?!

notjustjay
Oct 2, 2003, 10:38 AM
OK, so it's come down to this.

It is 11:37am.

FedEx tracking shows my new 12" Powerbook (my first Apple) is supposed to be delivered by noon today.

FedEx's tracking website appears to be down (just tried again... yep)

I'm watching episodes of "24" on DVD while I wait (took the day off).

The total suspense is KILLING ME!

ARGH!!!!

iGav
Oct 2, 2003, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by notjustjay
OK, so it's come down to this.

It is 11:37am.

FedEx tracking shows my new 12" Powerbook (my first Apple) is supposed to be delivered by noon today.

FedEx's tracking website appears to be down (just tried again... yep)

I'm watching episodes of "24" on DVD while I wait (took the day off).

The total suspense is KILLING ME!

ARGH!!!!

My friend is supposed to have her Dual G5 delivered today.... nothing special about that, until you realise that it wasn't supposed to arrive until the end of October!! :eek:

Opening a new Mac is such a stonking feeling!

Only 18 minutes to go!! ;)

Veldek
Oct 2, 2003, 10:57 AM
Still no sign of arrival? I wonder if he will make it in the next three minutes...

iGav
Oct 2, 2003, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by Veldek
Still no sign of arrival? I wonder if he will make it in the next three minutes...

no answer... shall we call an ambulance?? :eek: :eek: :p

britboy
Oct 2, 2003, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by iGAV
no answer... shall we call an ambulance?? :eek: :eek: :p

Good idea. Notjustjay might have been blown out the house by those fans....

I hope he/she doesn't live in a high-rise flat :p

notjustjay
Oct 2, 2003, 11:39 AM
Still waiting. They're late. I am standing by the window in wait... ;)

The tracking site is back up, and it shows "On vehicle for delivery", so I guess I'll just wait a bit longer...

I'm looking out every time I hear a truck go by. Just saw a school bus... no FedEx yet..

applemacdude
Oct 2, 2003, 11:55 AM
Isn't it fun waiting for the damn fed ex truck?:D :D

KCK
Oct 2, 2003, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by applemacdude
Isn't it fun waiting for the damn fed ex truck?:D :D

When my new G5 got delivered I was expecting FedEx in the afternoon ( since that is when they normally show up around here). Instead I was surprised when the FedEx truck showed up just before noon.

iGav
Oct 2, 2003, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by KCK
When my new G5 got delivered I was expecting FedEx in the afternoon ( since that is when they normally show up around here). Instead I was surprised when the FedEx truck showed up just before noon.

I remember when I bought my first TiBook, I took the morning off... "It'll be there by 12" I was told... come 12.. no sign of it.... :rolleyes: in the end I had to go to work.... anyway's I got a call that afternoon saying that the delivery man has got a flat tyre.... :eek: and that he'd deliver that evening.

Anyway i got home about 7ish and saw the delivery man walking up our path... ;) :D man that was along day!! :p

wdlove
Oct 2, 2003, 01:36 PM
I feel your pain, know that waiting is very difficult. The old saying applies, a watched pot never boils. Certainly hope that your 12" PowerBook will arrive momentarily. It is always best to try and apply yourself to a project. An occupied mind causes time to pass by quicker. Trying to do this is always easier said than done, well known from experience!

markjones05
Oct 2, 2003, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by wdlove
I feel your pain, know that waiting is very difficult. The old saying applies, a watched pot never boils. Certainly hope that your 12" PowerBook will arrive momentarily. It is always best to try and apply yourself to a project. An occupied mind causes time to pass by quicker. Trying to do this is always easier said than done, well known from experience!

Yea but its just so much sweeter when it arrives after youve been waiting for it all day. I missed 2 classes waiting for my G4 last year. 1 class while i waited for it to come and another after it came.

Roger1
Oct 2, 2003, 02:18 PM
I bought a pc a few years back, and it was delivered by FedEx. Nobody was home at the time (I didn't know they were delivering that day). So I got the little note stuck on my door that I had to go to the distribution point by 6:00 p.m. :eek:
So I rush around and find a map (in the phone book of all place- a very detailed map) and had to hustle about 35 miles. Well, to make a long story short, I beat the Fed Ex driver back to distribution point, and had to wait on him:rolleyes:

Someday I will be doing that for a Mac.:)

notjustjay
Oct 2, 2003, 03:35 PM
Alright! It's here! (I'm typing on it right now!)

I gave up waiting and went to have lunch, and it showed up as soon as I started eating.

Today I was also on hold on the phone (unrelated incident)... and I was holding and holding with no luck... and quickly realizing that I had to use the bathroom. So, I took my chances and went... and sure enough, as soon as I started, the CSR picked up the phone.

T'was, shall we say, an Awkward Moment.

But at least I'm enjoying my new PB. :)