Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

culero

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 8, 2003
So, I have my albums by release date on my iTunes library which I love. The problem I am having is not being able to this on my iPod--even though it shows this order when my iPod is connected to iTunes. The order I get once I disconnect is always by artist. Is this always by default?

The other question I have has to do with singles. Can singles from different artists be grouped together? I have 50+ in iTunes waiting to purchase, but I don't want my cover-flow to get more cluttered than it already is at the moment. Any help will be appreciated. I swear I did a search, but just in case sorry for the 'noob' questions. :eek:

Oh yeah, how much battery time are you guys getting with the new nano? I am wondering if I have to return mine. I got it a couple weeks ago, There is no way I am getting more than 10 hours per charge--just using it with music. I followed Apple's calibration method by the way. I'll stop rambling now. :p

studentmac

macrumors regular
Jul 1, 2007
Bedfordshire, UK
For the second question, singles can be grouped together by highlighting them all and checking the box which says "part of a compilation." I think so anyway, give it a try.

Not sure about the other 2 questions, hopefully someone else can help you out there.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.