PDA

View Full Version : Apple BMW T-shirt, is this rare?

5300cs
Oct 2, 2003, 07:48 PM
I was browsing some auctions and came across this T-shirt. The seller claims that even in America it's a collectors item.

Does anyone have any more information?

pyrotoaster
Oct 2, 2003, 08:19 PM
Hmm...
I've never seen it before.

rainman::|:|
Oct 2, 2003, 10:37 PM
how sure are we that it's BMW? if this was a tshirt for something like Opendoc, or something, i could see it... but BMW and Apple have never worked together as far as i remember... so there's no logical reason why this would exist...

if anyone has the answer, i'd love to hear it. certainly i've never seen this, in many years of Apple workshipping and collecting...

pnw

5300cs
Oct 3, 2003, 03:30 AM
Originally posted by paulwhannel
how sure are we that it's BMW? if this was a tshirt for something like Opendoc, or something, i could see it... but BMW and Apple have never worked together as far as i remember... so there's no logical reason why this would exist...

The seller said it's a BMW steering wheel. Mt rough translation (from Japanese): Apple made this rare Andy Warhol (sp?) like image of a BMW steering wheel.
The seller says also that it's genuine Apple and would make a great addition to anyone's collection. Whether it really is Apple is anyone's guess at this point.

It was going for around $120 a few weeks ago, but (obviously) no one took it. It now stands at around $60.

applemacdude
Oct 3, 2003, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by paulwhannel

if anyone has the answer, i'd love to hear it. certainly i've never seen this, in many years of Apple workshipping and collecting...

pnw

BMW did work together on a commercial featuring a powerbook 100 series? and a BMW car

Le Big Mac
Oct 3, 2003, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by 5300cs
The seller said it's a BMW steering wheel. Mt rough translation (from Japanese): Apple made this rare Andy Warhol (sp?) like image of a BMW steering wheel.

Sure looks like a BMW wheel from pre-airbag (E30) days. But given it's from Asia, and you know how Asian countries are with IP rights (or can be), who knows if any of it is authentic?

And, for that matter, who cares? If you like the t-shirt, it's worth $20 or whatever t-shirts of that style go for. But a "collector's" item? What is it with "collecting" stuff that we once threw out as outdated and/or old? I really could use an answer on that, because my wife has filled up our attic with "collectibles".