Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

5300cs

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 24, 2002
japan
I was browsing some auctions and came across this T-shirt. The seller claims that even in America it's a collectors item.

Does anyone have any more information?

Attachments

• hiz1963-img466x320-1058464495t_macdrive.jpg
    hiz1963-img466x320-1058464495t_macdrive.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 1,818

rainman::|:|

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2002
iowa
how sure are we that it's BMW? if this was a tshirt for something like Opendoc, or something, i could see it... but BMW and Apple have never worked together as far as i remember... so there's no logical reason why this would exist...

if anyone has the answer, i'd love to hear it. certainly i've never seen this, in many years of Apple workshipping and collecting...

pnw

5300cs

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 24, 2002
japan
Originally posted by paulwhannel
how sure are we that it's BMW? if this was a tshirt for something like Opendoc, or something, i could see it... but BMW and Apple have never worked together as far as i remember... so there's no logical reason why this would exist...

The seller said it's a BMW steering wheel. Mt rough translation (from Japanese): Apple made this rare Andy Warhol (sp?) like image of a BMW steering wheel.
The seller says also that it's genuine Apple and would make a great addition to anyone's collection. Whether it really is Apple is anyone's guess at this point.

It was going for around $120 a few weeks ago, but (obviously) no one took it. It now stands at around $60.

applemacdude

macrumors 68040
Mar 26, 2001
Over The Rainbow
Originally posted by paulwhannel

if anyone has the answer, i'd love to hear it. certainly i've never seen this, in many years of Apple workshipping and collecting...

pnw

BMW did work together on a commercial featuring a powerbook 100 series? and a BMW car

Le Big Mac

macrumors 68030
Jan 7, 2003
Washington, DC
Originally posted by 5300cs
The seller said it's a BMW steering wheel. Mt rough translation (from Japanese): Apple made this rare Andy Warhol (sp?) like image of a BMW steering wheel.

Sure looks like a BMW wheel from pre-airbag (E30) days. But given it's from Asia, and you know how Asian countries are with IP rights (or can be), who knows if any of it is authentic?

And, for that matter, who cares? If you like the t-shirt, it's worth $20 or whatever t-shirts of that style go for. But a "collector's" item? What is it with "collecting" stuff that we once threw out as outdated and/or old? I really could use an answer on that, because my wife has filled up our attic with "collectibles".

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.