PDA

View Full Version : Problems restoring library

carrollf
Dec 21, 2007, 12:50 AM
I am trying to restore my iTunes library from a Time Machine backup but am having problems. I had to re-install Leopard on my iMac and once it completed, I copied my 50Gb music folder (including the iTunes library) back onto my iMac from an external drive where I backed it up.
However, when I hold down ALT and open iTunes to choose my library, it tells me that the library I have chosen is on a "locked drive or I do not have access"??
I checked the permissions and they are read&write for everyone so I do not understand.
Same is happening with my iPhoto library??

Can anyone help me?

mad jew
Dec 21, 2007, 05:18 AM
What folder(s) did you copy them back to? Do you run FileVault or did you run it on the previous installation?

carrollf
Dec 21, 2007, 05:22 AM
I keep my music and photos folder within Users/Shared so that all users can access it. I had it on an external drive and simply copied it back

mad jew
Dec 21, 2007, 05:38 AM
...And do you or have you ever used FileVault or something similar to encrypt your data? :)

carrollf
Dec 21, 2007, 05:40 AM
Never used FileVault

Cinematographer
Dec 21, 2007, 11:14 AM
[], when I hold down ALT and open iTunes to choose my library, it tells me that the library I have chosen is on a "locked drive or I do not have access"??

Is the same thing happening when you double-click the restored library file?