Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Pilaco

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 6, 2007
When I run a 3D Game, like Seal Online, Boot Camp (2.0) randomly restarts. I've read around, and a lot of people say to update the driver. I try to update the driver, ATI Radeon X1600, and it says that I don't have that card...

I have a MBP, if that helps....

Thanks in advance. ;]

Eidorian

macrumors Penryn
Mar 23, 2005
Indianapolis
There's a chance your video card might be overheating.

It'd help a little if you checked the event logs from the Management Console.

Pilaco

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 6, 2007
I checked the events log, and nothing out of the particular seems to be there. Is there anything I should be looking for? ._.

Pilaco

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 6, 2007
Yeah, I've checked, and there's nothing about video cards. All of it is just like, "application started" and stuff like that. > >

Edit: What's odd, is that the "automatically restart" is not checked.... > <

Pilaco

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 6, 2007
I've seen this with overheating systems as well as bad power supplies. Does it reboot if you use battery vs. power adapter?!?

-- N

I always have the power adapter plugged in. o.o Would it make a difference if I removed it?

Pilaco

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 6, 2007
I'd be curious if it did it on battery as well. Does it ever act up like this in OS X?

Just to be on the same page, is this XP SP2 or Vista?

-- N

Oh, sorry. This is Windows XP SP2.

And it doesn't do this on a mac.

Windows used to run fine on the Boot Camp Beta, but now it's all messed up. I use it for games, that's it...

When I play Maple Story, for some reason, all the drivers get screwed up, or something. Like, all the Fn keys (Home, Page Up, etc.) stop working after restart.

And for Seal Online, it just restarts randomly. I've reinstalled windows a few times, and nothing helps with the Maple Story problem. :/ This install is the first time for Seal Online.

It could be the game, I suppose. I can try reinstalling it. :O

natallica

macrumors 6502
Mar 7, 2005
Fairfax, VA
Oh, sorry. This is Windows XP SP2.

And it doesn't do this on a mac.

Windows used to run fine on the Boot Camp Beta, but now it's all messed up. I use it for games, that's it...

When I play Maple Story, for some reason, all the drivers get screwed up, or something. Like, all the Fn keys (Home, Page Up, etc.) stop working after restart.

And for Seal Online, it just restarts randomly. I've reinstalled windows a few times, and nothing helps with the Maple Story problem. :/ This install is the first time for Seal Online.

It could be the game, I suppose. I can try reinstalling it. :O

Try reinstalling the game.

Otherwise, if you have reinstalled Windows and the Boot Camp drivers a few times, you may wanna wipe that partition entirely using Disk Utility and start with Boot Camp from scratch!?! :-(

Let us know how it goes for you!!!

-- N

Pilaco

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 6, 2007
I reformatted my disk back into one partition, and then reinstalled windows. The problem still persists.

I checked the Events log, and there still isn't anything. I can't figure out why it's restarting. Well, actually, it's probably the game, but it works fine on my brother's Sony Computer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.