PDA

View Full Version : "Complete My Album" Has disappeared (?)

Creibold
Dec 22, 2007, 11:44 AM
So I woke up today and went to the US iTunes store after receiving a hefty check from work to complete a few of my albums I've purchased songs from in the past couple weeks. doess anyone else notice is has Disappeared.

Did apple take it away for the holidays or what? This is not cool. :(

LizKat
Dec 22, 2007, 11:35 PM
Yes, I noticed that today after I had bought a lot of tracks of something and realized belatedly that I could collect about five more tracks (that from previews I had figured mostly rated three stars) for just two bucks. But when I went back there, I didn't see the "complete your album" and figured i had just gone back too soon... I hope it's not gone, I liked that feature.

EricNau
Dec 22, 2007, 11:38 PM
You're right. That's very interesting.

At this point, it's most likely just maintenance of some sort. If it's gone after a few days I'll start to worry.

Maybe it's a sign of a new greater feature to come! :D

minik
Dec 23, 2007, 01:31 AM
Yesterday or 2 days ago, I checked my 'iTunes Plus' upgrade. It said 4 albums and 3 tracks available for me to upgrade. Now, it's all gone.

Same goes with 'Complete My Album'.

Nermal
Dec 23, 2007, 01:35 AM
Hmm, same for NZ. iTunes Plus now takes you to the "bottom half" of the page that used to appear (ie. the promotions and top-sellers) and the top half with the list of upgradable songs is gone. Complete My Album is nowhere to be found.

hexonxonx
Dec 23, 2007, 02:00 AM
It is only there if you go to the album in iTunes where you purchased a song or two. It's just not listed on the home page anymore for some reason.

cbrain
Dec 23, 2007, 08:08 AM
Complete my Album and iTunes Plus upgrade have gone on the UK store as well.

Creibold
Dec 23, 2007, 09:30 AM
It is only there if you go to the album in iTunes where you purchased a song or two. It's just not listed on the home page anymore for some reason.

I can't even find it there. This is very disappointing. I found this on the 22nd, but checking the Apple Discussion boards, someone found it earlier in the US store on the 21st. So they have been gone for 3 days now. Perhaps this is for something new or perhaps this is just more pressure from the record companies. I don't know - but it looks like something is happening here.

iDAG
Dec 23, 2007, 11:37 AM
That's sad. :( I used that feature to complete Timbaland's latest album. It was a great feature...

hexonxonx
Dec 23, 2007, 01:21 PM
I can't even find it there. This is very disappointing. I found this on the 22nd, but checking the Apple Discussion boards, someone found it earlier in the US store on the 21st. So they have been gone for 3 days now. Perhaps this is for something new or perhaps this is just more pressure from the record companies. I don't know - but it looks like something is happening here.

Yeah, it was still there when I posted about it and now it no longer there when I checked the same album.

hexonxonx
Dec 23, 2007, 01:26 PM
I am also very upset that they now got rid of Just for You on the main page. It was there yesterday and now it's gone as well. That's how I bought 90% of my music.

cbrain
Dec 23, 2007, 02:15 PM

I can find it on an Album's page on the UK Store, just not on the front page.

I am also very upset that they now got rid of Just for You on the main page. It was there yesterday and now it's gone as well. That's how I bought 90% of my music.

It's gone on the UK Store as well, but I never found it that useful.

minik
Dec 23, 2007, 02:43 PM
'Complete My Album' is not completely gone. I checked my Purchased playlist and clicked on one of the most recent song I purchased. On the album page, it showed me 'complete my album for $9.00 [Buy]', 'regular price $9.99', Offer Expires: April 22, 2008'

Then I clicked 'See Previously Purchased Songs' and then 'Complete my album' tab on top. valia...

pscoble
Dec 23, 2007, 03:49 PM
Yeah I noticed this as well when I went to get rest of a daft punk album I had bought a bit of. So now I have two of a bunch of songs oh well I hope it gets brought back.

ketter
Dec 28, 2007, 10:52 AM
I just found this in another tread:

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZPersonalizer.woa/wa/viewCMASeeAll

This will take you directly to the "Complete my album" section. They took it away during the holydays to avoid too high traffic...

maxrobertson
Dec 28, 2007, 12:13 PM
Nice tip! Does anyone know the link to Just For You? That would be really useful too.

GSMiller
Dec 28, 2007, 01:32 PM
I just found this in another tread:

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZPersonalizer.woa/wa/viewCMASeeAll

This will take you directly to the "Complete my album" section. They took it away during the holydays to avoid too high traffic...

Yea 'cause let's not forget the great iTunes slow down last season.

hexonxonx
Dec 28, 2007, 03:59 PM
Complete My Album is now back in the ITMS.

minik
Dec 28, 2007, 10:09 PM
"Just For You" and 'My Alerts" are back as well. Still no iTunes Plus Upgrade.

cbrain
Dec 29, 2007, 03:46 AM
Still no iTunes Plus Upgrade.

It's back on the UK Store.

Nermal
Dec 29, 2007, 04:23 AM
Both options (Plus and Complete) are back for NZ.

minik
Dec 29, 2007, 05:47 PM
Thanks for the heads up. The iTunes store (U.S.) seems to be back to 'normal'.

Apple is sneaky....always.

cbrain
Dec 30, 2007, 04:06 AM
"Just for You" is still not back on the UK Store, but I never really used it anyway.

minik
Jan 2, 2008, 10:46 PM
my bad

cbrain
Jan 3, 2008, 03:16 AM
Hi,

Has anyone noticed that there are now TWO "iTunes Plus" links in the "Quick Links" box?

One has "New" next to it and one doesn't.

Apple might of been trying to remove the "New" tag...

EDIT: The second "iTunes Plus" Link has disappeared and the "New" tag remains.

EDIT 2: Now it's not there at all...