PDA

View Full Version : iPod Touch bottom port same as previous generation iPods?

dapetrun
Dec 22, 2007, 02:54 PM
I am about to buy my daughter her 1st iPod (iPod Touch). I'm wondering if the port on the bottom of the Touch is the same connection as previous generation iPods? Will the Touch fit in the docking station and play on our Bose Sound Dock? Will it connect to our Mac's via our older USB wired connectors? Thanks to all that reply. :)

Ubuntu
Dec 22, 2007, 03:15 PM
I am about to buy my daughter her 1st iPod (iPod Touch). I'm wondering if the port on the bottom of the Touch is the same connection as previous generation iPods? Will the Touch fit in the docking station and play on our Bose Sound Dock? Will it connect to our Mac's via our older USB wired connectors? Thanks to all that reply. :)

Works fine with my firewire charger, and my alarm clock set, but that uses the adapter.

If your Bose sound dock doesn't support the adapter, it's no big deal, the iPod touch is virtually fine without it.

Draythor
Dec 22, 2007, 03:31 PM
I think he's getting at the actual dock.
Yes it will work with any of your appliances that have a dock connector. it's exactly the same as any recent iPod.

Ubuntu
Dec 22, 2007, 04:51 PM
Yes it will work with any of your appliances that have a dock connector. it's exactly the same as any recent iPod.

I acknowledged that in the first line of my reply, and then went on to the adapter.

mrgreen4242
Dec 22, 2007, 05:45 PM

There's a few dock attachments that don't work. Like the camera adaptor for dumping photos from your digicam to an iPod. I think there's some voice recorders that won't work, as well. Oh, and video cables that connect to iPod video dock ports won't work ether, or so I hear.

dapetrun
Dec 22, 2007, 06:33 PM
Thanks everyone. That's good to know her new toy won't need any proprietary connectors. We're all set for Christmas morning then. Thanks and Merry Christmas everyone!