PDA

View Full Version : Simon Cowell considers lawsuit against Apple re iTunes’ Leon...

MacBytes
Dec 22, 2007, 02:55 PM
http://www.macbytes.com/images/bytessig.gif (http://www.macbytes.com)

Category: Tunes
Link: Simon Cowell considers lawsuit against Apple re iTunes’ Leon Jackson snafu (http://www.macbytes.com/link.php?sid=20071222155546)
Description:: none

Posted on MacBytes.com (http://www.macbytes.com)
Approved by Mudbug

Mudbug
Dec 22, 2007, 02:56 PM
I hear all four people that tried to buy the album were really upset it didn't work. :rolleyes:

Peace
Dec 22, 2007, 02:58 PM
Seems there were 38,000 not 4.

sananda
Dec 22, 2007, 03:02 PM
and what would be the cause of action?

Peace
Dec 22, 2007, 03:04 PM
None that I know of. Never cared for those type shows and made for marketing singers.

But still..

Sun Baked
Dec 22, 2007, 03:12 PM
Wait a minute, they don't like selling songs on iTunes -- but bitch and moan when iTunes is down. :rolleyes:

I can see a refund of the product placement dollars, but likely there is a clause in the contract for the times when iTunes is futzed.

freediverdude
Dec 22, 2007, 03:19 PM
Hmm, interesting that the record companies could be so upset at the loss of some iTunes sales after their recent posturing this year.......... Maybe they need iTunes more than they think?

EricNau
Dec 22, 2007, 03:19 PM
Yes because everyone who was unable to purchase a copy through iTunes decided against the purchase after just 15 hours. :rolleyes:

Let's be honest, it didn't stop the sales, it only delayed them. Nobody lost so much as a dollar.

rdowns
Dec 22, 2007, 03:27 PM
Like the upcoming season of American Idol needs any more publicity. :rolleyes:

Dec 22, 2007, 03:58 PM
Like the upcoming season of American Idol needs any more publicity. :rolleyes:
True, but this is about the UK equivalent, X Factor.

superleccy
Dec 22, 2007, 04:08 PM
Yes because everyone who was unable to purchase a copy through iTunes decided against the purchase after just 15 hours. :rolleyes:

Let's be honest, it didn't stop the sales, it only delayed them. Nobody lost so much as a dollar.

Well said. With the likes of Cowell around, the music is perfectly capable of destroying itself without Apple's help.

If Cowell sues Apple, then I think Apple should just refuse to sell whatever junk is churned out by the winner of X Factor 2008... then watch it make Christmas #24 instead of Christmas #1.

SL

narco
Dec 22, 2007, 04:13 PM
God, could it be that the music just sucks and nobody wants to buy it?

Loge
Dec 22, 2007, 04:19 PM
Perhaps he should sort out the obvious issues with the telephone voting first before pointing fingers at others.

elppa
Dec 22, 2007, 04:54 PM
I think he should sue all other record shops for not being open 24/7 365 like iTunes is.

Belly-laughs
Dec 22, 2007, 05:16 PM
So new artists these days only have one week of greatness? That´s quality.

Jaffa Cake
Dec 22, 2007, 05:23 PM
So new artists these days only have one week of greatness? That´s quality.For X Factor winners that's much, much more than they deserve. ;)

The X Factor is geared towards the eventual winner being the Christmas number one a week or two after the grand final, essentially hijacking the charts. It would probably be a bit of an embarrassment for Cowell and the show if the winner failed to top the chart over the festive period, hence the slight whiff of panic. And of course let's not forget that this is all publicity for the song, keeping it in the public eye...

bluebomberman
Dec 22, 2007, 05:55 PM
Me get mucher dumber by reading that. :eek:

Mydel
Dec 22, 2007, 09:15 PM
So new artists these days only have one week of greatness? That´s quality.

Artists? Please spare me! thats pure marketing.

Hummer
Dec 22, 2007, 09:57 PM
The Sun?

7on
Dec 22, 2007, 11:37 PM
How can he sue a program? Does that mean I can now sue InDesign for crashing on me at a critical deadline time?

MacsRgr8
Dec 23, 2007, 04:38 AM
The Sun?

.... what's in it besides Page 3?

Jaffa Cake
Dec 23, 2007, 04:51 AM
How can he sue a program? Does that mean I can now sue InDesign for crashing on me at a critical deadline time?iTunes is very well known, Apple arguably much less so over here – it just makes the headline a little more attention-worthy and sensationalist. We're talking about The Sun don't forget, we're dealing with the lowest common denominator here. ;)

AdeFowler
Dec 23, 2007, 05:30 AM
This is just hype planted in an attempt to generate sales. A quick search on Apple's Discussion Boards turned up one thread with half a dozen contributors, the last of which had successfully downloaded it and is offering to email it to people for nothing.

I'd be stunned if Apple's contract didn't have an "...in the event of technical difficulties..." clause in it.

mrsebastian
Dec 23, 2007, 10:32 AM
two words for you simon, greedy cc****. you and your riaa whores can roll over and die already.

Shagrat
Dec 23, 2007, 05:34 PM
Sadly, it is already the christmas No.1 by a country mile.

Oh well, I watched Strictly Ballroom anyhow, but I heard enough of the "winner" (yet another sub-sub Michal Buble (who is in turn, a sub-sub Sinatra))
to know that mediocrity is now the most important thing in the music "industry"

It's enough to turn you off music altogether...

Much Ado
Dec 23, 2007, 05:35 PM
.... what's in it besides Page 3?

Page 2.

Genghis Khan
Dec 23, 2007, 05:42 PM
wow..simon cowell getting his knickers in a twist...

lets move on...

Fuzzy14
Dec 23, 2007, 06:12 PM
Just a cheap publicity stunt to get column inches in the run to Christmas No 1.

Would this not set a legal precedent? Does this mean that The Sun could sue Liverpool shopkeepers who still refuse to stock their trashy rag after they lied about Hillsborough?

Project
Dec 23, 2007, 06:14 PM
iTunes did the world a great favour :tu

Unfortunately the dude still got the Xmas number one.

Shagrat
Dec 24, 2007, 02:53 AM
iTunes did the world a great favour :tu

Unfortunately the dude still got the Xmas number one.

See post #25...!

edesignuk
Dec 24, 2007, 02:58 AM
Simon Cowell is all about theatre and drama, oh, and himself. Seems to be getting worse year by year from one Pop Something to X Something. It would be comical if it didn't work so well for him. Bastard.

Brianstorm91
Dec 24, 2007, 05:56 AM
He needs bringing down a few pegs.