PDA

View Full Version : How exactly does restore work? And why is it always randomly crashing?

Boourns
Dec 22, 2007, 05:02 PM
So I have a new 16GB iPod touch, been using it for a few weeks, and at first it worked just fine. But then I noticed that safari would crash a lot when viewing the simplest of web sites, and not only would safari be crudely exited, the music would STOP playing. I upgraded to 1.1.2 and things were working better for a while. Then yesterday the crashes got really bad. Now my iPod crashes when simply listening to music. All the crashes are just of the "stop the music and go back to the main screen" sort, not all locked up like old-school iPods. My iPod has NOT been hacked in any kind of way.

I'm thinking about restoring it and see if that works, but I noticed that iTunes wanted to connect to the server. Why? When I upgraded to 1.1.2, I lost 150+ megs of HD space on my iBook that have not been given back to me, so I know it's still on there somewhere. Also I cannot waste my time downloading it again since I'm traveling and am in dialup hell for the next couple weeks, and I don't think there's an Apple store within 200 miles.