Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

frogcat

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 9, 2007
I know a lot of you that say wifi keeps itself on, even when your touch is sleeping, But I noticed that mine does not. Everytime I turn it back on, I have no signal, and have to wait for a signal. I did jailbreak my touch, so i notice that I have to wait like 3 seconds for Wifi to activate, before I can use weather or mail.

I was just wondering if this was the same case for others, as I don't know if this is a bad thing or a good thing. It's kind of annoying waiting for Wifi to turn on, but then again...people here like to complain about battery life.

mavis

macrumors 601
Jul 30, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
Wirelessly posted (iTouch 1.1.2 (JB'd): Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/3B48b Safari/419.3)

stevento said:
sounds like you bought a product in the first year it out and you've having problems.

I'm sure OP is grateful for your response, thanks for sharing.

To answer the question, I remember seeing in Installer.app a program to prevent WiFi from turning off (IIRC it's a battery saving thing) ... Anyway you should look through the apps to find it. Hope that helps (and sorry I can't remember the name off the top of my head) ...

RodThePlod

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2005
London
I was just wondering if this was the same case for others, as I don't know if this is a bad thing or a good thing. It's kind of annoying waiting for Wifi to turn on, but then again...people here like to complain about battery life.

Yup - this is normal. Mine does this after waking up from sleep - it only takes a second or two before the wi-fi signal connection is re-established, though.

Not really annoying for me.

BTW - my touch has not been Jailbroken.

Rod.

gavd

macrumors 6502a
Jan 30, 2006
Mine takes a couple of seconds to reconnect, but I don't see that as a big problem. By the time I've gone into the browser and clicked the bookmark I want to visit it's generally woken up.

Like RodThePlod, mine has not been hacked.

franzmueller

macrumors regular
Dec 1, 2007
Spain
I know a lot of you that say wifi keeps itself on, even when your touch is sleeping, But I noticed that mine does not. Everytime I turn it back on, I have no signal, and have to wait for a signal. I did jailbreak my touch, so i notice that I have to wait like 3 seconds for Wifi to activate, before I can use weather or mail.

On my ibooks it takes up to 10 seconds to get back the signal so I though 3 seconds for my ipt is pretty fast ....

But again is all a question of taste

Saludos

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.