PDA

View Full Version : Going from 5G to Classic - Happy?

powerbook911
Dec 24, 2007, 12:27 AM
So I may move from my 5G iPod 60 GB, to a classic. The 5G is still very fresh though cause I had it replaced due to battery issues, right before my 2 year Applecare ended.

However, I'd love to have the new look, extra storage, and new UI.

Questions though -

Do you guys like the classic ok, when moving from the 5th Gen? Just curious if the build quality and everything feels up to the standards you expect?

Also, any advice on deciding between 80 GB and 160 GB besides the capactiy? I could actually use the capacity, but otherwise no known issues with either model is there?

One reason I do think I want the 160 too is I like the heft and size of the 5G iPod, so I figure the 160 GB would keep that feeling, for me.

I say keep the thin, for iPhones and Nanos. :)

aquajet
Dec 24, 2007, 12:40 AM
As with previous models, the larger 160gb Classic will give you longer battery runtimes compared to the 80gb Classic.

Specs (http://support.apple.com/specs/ipod/iPod_classic.html)

powerbook911
Dec 24, 2007, 04:11 PM
Thanks.

I was really hoping to hear that people are generally pleased, when going from a 5G to a Classic (6G) iPod.

Hopefully I will be. Just makes me feel a little nervous, for some reason. I've read some bad reviews around, but hopefully they were nonsense.

writeous
Dec 24, 2007, 11:20 PM
Only downside to the Classic is that the click wheel is unresponsive allot, but you eventually get used to it. Otherwise than that, I love it!

sublicon
Dec 25, 2007, 12:05 AM
I had it replaced due to battery issues, right before my 2 year Applecare ended.

Preach on.

I just got an 80 gig classic a month ago - love it. Bad reviews were due to the original firmware, I think. As far as I can tell, everything has been worked out. I haven't had a prob yet.