Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stoid

macrumors 601
Original poster
We had a quiz this morning in my computer usage class and one of the multiple choice questions was "Which of these describes a GUI?" I don't remember which one I picked, but the correct answer was, "Difficult to use and requires a great deal of processing power." And I thought, "WTF, the Mac OS is insanely powerful and easy to use, and it does require all THAT much processing power!!" And then I remembered that quiz was written on a Windows machine.

And then, I realized why professionals use Windows servers; their minds are filled with Microsoft dogmatic BS in college.

Another one was "Windows NT is ideal for server network systems." I put false because Windows NT, like the rest of the Windows versions is riddled with security holes and a Linux or Mac OS X based server would be MUCH better. Obviously the answer was true. I wonder how much Bill Gates had to pay to get that.

edit: Fixed based on the keen observation by LimeLite. Hmmm....
wasn't LimeLight the code name for the final version of Mac OS 9 (9.2.2)?

LimeLite

macrumors 6502a
Mar 20, 2003
Los Angeles, Ca
Dude, I don't get the first part of your post. You said that the question was: Which of these does *not* describe a GUI? And you said the correct answer was: Difficult to use and require a great deal of processing power.

So what the question on your test says is that GUI's are easy to use and don't require a great deal of processing power, so I don't know what the significance of it being written on a PC or a Mac would be.

VegetaPunk

macrumors 6502
Dec 30, 2002
AZ
LOL Im taking a class that does some "history" of the Mac OS and Windows..... lmao and they were comparing OS 8 with XP and the book was Brand New.

patrick0brien

macrumors 68040
Oct 24, 2002
The West Loop
Originally posted by VegetaPunk
LOL Im taking a class that does some "history" of the Mac OS and Windows..... lmao and they were comparing OS 8 with XP and the book was Brand New.

-VegetaPunk

I'd demand the tuition back as this comparison is wide enough to require booking a round-trip airline flight to connect the two.

All you have to do is whip out a modern iBook/PowerBook, and you've negated the perceived value of the text.

You can then follow that up with a suggestion that you assist the professor to write a more accurate book.

rainman::|:|

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2002
iowa
i would seriously log a formal complaint, the questions you listed were subjective and should NOT be on a test, which server software is "ideal" is a matter of preference... not to mention how incorrect the test was, but still, they can't test you on subjective material.

pnw

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.