Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

redgtxdi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 16, 2007
So, I was curious as to how maps would work w/o a hack........(obviously need wifi access, but still).

Well, Google homepage (mobile) doesn't have the maps link in it, so decided to check mapquest first.

What I noticed was that the page acts a little weird whenever you click within a map. (It seems confused w/ finger movment & redraws are occasinally quirky).

But then..........I noticed that if I hold my finger down in the middle of a map, the map dims slightly, then a dialog box pops up that says "Action". However, I can't figure out what it's trying to do. If you lift your finger, the dialog box goes away immediately.

Anybody else??

redgtxdi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 16, 2007
Al,

Thanks!! Great resource!!

The "Action" dialog box still shows up if you hold your finger down. Anybody know what it's for?? Future use?? (shrug)

infosprt

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2007
Temecula, CA
Al,

Thanks!! Great resource!!

The "Action" dialog box still shows up if you hold your finger down. Anybody know what it's for?? Future use?? (shrug)

That's weird. I tried it on and sure enough if you hold your finger down on a map for 3 seconds or so it pops up an "Action" icon. I have never noticed that before. Possibly Apple has something planned. I tried it on a PC with Safari and IE and the Action thing does not occur (when you hold a mouse button down).

Maybe it is the beginning of some sort of Copy and Paste.

-Al

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.