Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

techlover828

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 28, 2007
Maine
Hey guys,

Just got a ps3 and am looking to get some games, they don't really seem to have a ton of good ones right now, I have CoD4, Assassin's Creed, Madden 08, and motorstorm. I just got a bunch of money for christmas and want to buy some games. What are some upcoming games that are expected to be hits, or at least games that I would like.

Sorry this is kind of a stupid question, but I'm a complete noob to console games and want to know what I should get. Thanks for the help guys!

Shacklebolt

macrumors 6502a
Sep 2, 2004
Ratchet and Clank. It's freaking awesome.

I'm a big fan of Gears of War for the 360, and though I don't think Resistance: Fall Of Man is quite as good, I do think that it's a bit more intense than Gears. The sound is great. Anyway, yeah, two good ones. Do go for Ratchet and Clank, and CoD 4 really is spectacular (so far).

techlover828

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 28, 2007
Maine
Ratchet and Clank. It's freaking awesome.

I'm a big fan of Gears of War for the 360, and though I don't think Resistance: Fall Of Man is quite as good, I do think that it's a bit more intense than Gears. The sound is great. Anyway, yeah, two good ones. Do go for Ratchet and Clank, and CoD 4 really is spectacular (so far).

ya I'm thinking of getting resistance: fall of man

spyker3292

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2005
Michigan
Gears of War is great, I beat it co-op at a friends house. I just got one w/ Ratchet+Clank, Motorstorm, and Warhawk. Get Uncharted, I plan to tomorrow.

Chone

macrumors 65816
Aug 11, 2006
Metal Gear Solid 4, Devil May Cry 4 and Grand Theft Auto IV (2008 is the year of the fours apparently) should all be incredible games. Uncharted won PS3 game of the year over at IGN.

If you want something good now then I suggest looking into some PS2 games or PSN titles, Castlevania Symphony of The Night got recently released on the PSN and it's probably dirt-cheap but it's an incredible game and God of War I & II are critically acclaimed as a masterpiece everywhere, personally I thought it was a decent game and nothing more but even if you think like me (and apparently no reviewer thinks like me) then you should still like the game.

Mattlike

macrumors 6502a
Aug 5, 2007
Southern California
Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction is indeed awesome as previously mentioned. I also really enjoyed Heavenly Sword and am currently almost done with Folklore (Pretty good game IMO) as far as games currently out go.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.