PDA

View Full Version : iPod Shuffle

thebassoonist
Dec 25, 2007, 05:33 PM
So, I know I am preaching to the choir and everything, but the iPod shuffle is AWESOME! My mum surprised me with the turquoise one today - completely unexpectedly - and I knew it was small but until you play around with it for a while, you have no idea! Anyway, the whole thing is genius. Touch screens are great and everything, but we have forgotten how tiny and sweet this beauty is!

Okay, now I am done. But I can't wait for the ice to melt a little so I can go running outside with it! :D

Blueharry
Dec 25, 2007, 07:10 PM
I got a new red ipod shuffle for christmas, and at first I was like, "What the heck?" Now I'm in love! I have an extra available pocket, and it is an eye catcher too!

sushi
Dec 25, 2007, 07:15 PM
The current model Shuffle is very nice. So simple and eloquent.

I have a Silver model and will be using it tomorrow on skiing. :)

iTeen
Dec 25, 2007, 07:22 PM
i have one just for going running:D

student_trap
Dec 25, 2007, 08:03 PM
Ive always thought that the shuffles were the best that apple offered. I had the original, but my orange 2nd gen is to die for! I keep it clipped to my belt loop, and run the cables under my shirt so that no one can see im listening to music (dont want to attract too much attention to my tech when im in london!)!

dscuber9000
Dec 25, 2007, 11:03 PM
I can see it being cool for a secondary MP3 player (which in my opinion, is not needed), but I couldn't imagine having an iPod Shuffle as my main media player. Apple spoiled me with the iPod touch. :p

danny_w
Dec 25, 2007, 11:19 PM
I got a shuffle after I realized that my new iPhone is not a very good mp3 player, and using it as such kills the battery but fast! I love mine (a blue one) and use it all of the time. Great product! And I agree, touch screens are nice for some things but are not the best i/f for an mp3 player.

thebassoonist
Dec 26, 2007, 01:18 AM
Oh, for sure! As a secondary, yes. I still love my iPod Video (pets iPod)- it's great for driving, flying, and hanging out with friends.

I've already had fun with my sisters (one has an iPod Nano and the other got an iPod Shuffle today) jumping around...and not worrying about any moving parts! :D

Honestly, I sort of thought the Shuffle, when it looked like a USB stick, was lame. But the clip and everything, it's great!

Ha ha, I am a little obsessed. :p

student_trap
Dec 26, 2007, 09:03 AM
you see im not convinced, as while as a massive ipod geek i like the higher tech and style of the larger models (which at the moment fall very short of their old brilliance - excepting of course the shuffle and touch), when it comes down to it, music on the move should be primarily both small, and reliable (I am speaking mostly here about battery life), so that it is there when you need it. At home, my computer holds all of my music if I need a particular song (I have over 80 gigs of music alone), but on the road im not all that bothered, and just want something that is really small to listen to in order to pass the time at the gym/on the train/while walking etc etc.

I bought my shuffle because i liked the look of it, without really thinking that i would use it all that much - i have four full sized ipods! But actually it was the other way around, so that now i just dont touch my old ipods!

bc008
Dec 26, 2007, 09:12 AM
^^ i had a grey ipod shuffle, and i loved it!
the only thing is that i was missing my video content, so i returned

Eluzion
Dec 28, 2007, 12:54 AM
I just picked one up this evening to use at the gym. I was previously using a Samsung MP3 player that was about the same size with a clip... but I've become such an Apple whore lately.

MacBook Pro...

iPhone...

iPod Shuffle...

I'd probably have the Apple TV too if I didn't have an XBox 360 with Connect 360. ;)

Shuffle is great though. I just wish you could select different present EQ settings within iTunes for it.

David G.
Dec 28, 2007, 01:07 AM
I had the 512MB 1st Gen that I got for 29 bucks on the :apple: iPod refurb site after the 2nd Gen came out and even then I thought it was extremely small. I loved the USB port that none of you now have without that cable adapter on yours.:D I only got rid of it because my Dad said to me before I got the iPod in my sig' "Why do you need two iPods." So because of that I gave it to Mom. She only used it once or twice and lost it somewhere in the house. They're so tiny.