Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tMac85

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 15, 2007
in a great place
I want to get yahoo mail on my jailbroken touch. I have installer but i dont see it under the packages. Maybe i am missing something. Will someone tell me where i can get applications like safari and yahoo mail and maybe a note pad.
thanks guys

tMac85

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 15, 2007
in a great place
appreciated newbie, but next time give me some help. i know how to use google to search. The point of this forum does the same thing, except better

quicklook2

macrumors 6502
Dec 23, 2007
lakewood, ohio
appreciated newbie, but next time give me some help. i know how to use google to search. The point of this forum does the same thing, except better

i was trying to help, old timer, if only 85 posts would give you that status.

you should know you have safari.

you should know i was telling you to search this forum for the way to use yahoo through the touch.

less sarcasm and more of "do it yourself" would be nice.

oh, happy christmas.

TuffLuffJimmy

macrumors G3
Apr 6, 2007
Portland, OR
From what I've heard the yahoo mail thing is part of a special deal with apple. Maybe it is somhow tied in with your phone number and thus only works on the iPhone no matter what hacking you do. However I may be wrong. It's surprising you would expect to get any help after being so mean to a newbie...

touchher

macrumors regular
Nov 23, 2007
1. Go into Installer
2. Click sources at the bottom
3. Click Edit at the top right
4. Click Add at the top left
5. Type in "repo.us.to" so the whole line reads, "http://repo.us.to", Click OK
6. Click Install at the bottom of Installer
7. Look for iPhone 1.1.2 Apps for iTouch (assuming you have updated to 1.1.2 after jailbraking, if you haven't, visit http://www.touchdev.net/wiki/Jailbreak_1.1.2 for help
8. These are the native iPhone apps, Mail, Notes, Weather, Maps, and Stocks.
Done!:D

solarguy17

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2007
YAHOO mail will never work, at least until SDK comes out and you can buy the Mail application and there is somesort of number assigned to your ipod that Yahoo can track and say this is a legit ipod mail app number

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.