Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

oldschool

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 30, 2003
I phoned apple about the clicking noise my computer is making, and they told me to take it to the nearest authorized service provider for evaluation.

Before I take it there, I want to know if what i have is worth worrying about.
When all applications are closed, and airport and bluetooth are turned off, and all peripherals are disconnected, my computer sounds like a clock. Every second it makes a clicking noise. Worth checking into?

iJon

macrumors 604
Feb 7, 2002
probably becuase you spent enough time calling apple and making this thread. i guess it depends on if the clicking annoys you.

iJon

oldschool

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 30, 2003
Its not that it annoys me. Its that i'm worried the hard disk has a problem, and it will fail after the one year warranty.

I ran a hardware test, and did the disk first aid verify permissions and repair permissions, and i did the verify disk....like the tech instructed me to.

I guess i'll just take it in...but the store close to me won't be very happy that i didn't buy my pb there.

iJon

macrumors 604
Feb 7, 2002
Originally posted by oldschool
Its not that it annoys me. Its that i'm worried the hard disk has a problem, and it will fail after the one year warranty.

I ran a hardware test, and did the disk first aid verify permissions and repair permissions, and i did the verify disk....like the tech instructed me to.

I guess i'll just take it in...but the store close to me won't be very happy that i didn't buy my pb there.
you are probably right, they wont like it. but all it means is that they probably wont make you priority and get it on the bench first.

iJon

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.