PDA

View Full Version : Help with Restore - iPod Bricked

ejg930
Dec 25, 2007, 10:43 PM
I recieved a 160 gig iPod Classic for Christmas. Part of the deal was, though, that I had to give my old 30 gig ipod to my mom. Because I am on a Mac, and she runs a PC, I tried to reformat the ipod. iTunes said that it couldn't be restored, and ejected the ipod. However, the software was sent to the ipod, and it began to install. Now, the ipod shows the apple logo, which appears for about 3 seconds, blinks off, and comes back on again. Help much appreciated!!!

iTunes does not recognize the iPod on either the mac, or the pc.

EDIT: Fixed. I put it in Disk Mode (Reset iPod, then when Apple Logo appears, hold Center and Play buttons) - iTunes recognized it right away.

Iron Rogue
Dec 27, 2007, 10:45 AM
:D

This thread saved my sanity! My new 160 gig iPod Classic went wacko after I told it to install the update during the initial sync. It did the same behavior ejg930 described. iTunes said that it could not connect to the iPod and to try again later. Putting it in disk mode allowed iTunes to "see" the iPod and install the update then load my music. Thanks ejg930 for posting your solution! I don't know how long I'd have search Apples support section before going crazy