PDA

View Full Version : Best FM Transmitter for iPod Touch?

berns22
Dec 26, 2007, 08:39 AM
What FM Transmitter are you guys using for the touch?

I know there are a bunch of generic cheap ones out there but I was looking for something a little nicer / higher quality.

Any recommendations?

Stang68
Dec 26, 2007, 09:30 AM
i use Monster Cables' FM Transmitter. It works well but, sadly, FM transmitters will never sound prefect.

j3nsen
Dec 26, 2007, 11:47 AM
I'm wondering the same thing.. The one I used for my Nano sounds like crap with my new Touch. I've been looking around but I'm pretty sure nothing will sound perfect, let me know if you find a good one!

KBV1
Jan 4, 2008, 05:43 PM
instead of starting a new thread i found this one so i thought i would ask on here. Iv have been looking round and reading reviews for a FM Transmitter for my iPod Touch to play my music in the car but there are good reviews and bad reviews on differnt products.

I live in England and im just wondering if anyone has got a FM transmitter they could recommend or anyone knows which ones are good and which ones to keep away from.

Are there any other methods of playing my music on my ipod in the car (besides using earphones :p)

Thanks

redblues
Jan 6, 2008, 10:01 PM
Use a bluetooth adapter on both ends.

I have a Motorola BT adapter hooked up to an aux input on my car's system. The ipod has an icombi BT adapter. Pair the two and you're set.

The only con is that you can't charge the ipod while driving.. but you can use any number of BT sources with your sound system (cell phone, backup ipod, etc).

Sound quality is notches higher than any FM transmitter.

Texas04
Jan 6, 2008, 10:54 PM
HACK IT!

Get a FM transmitter that looks relatively easy to open, open it, find the antenna wire, and replace it with a really long wire that goes outside of the unit, (this may be illegal in some... *cough* a lot *cough* states) but it will give you a radius of a few hundred more feet, so I dont think the FCC will knock on your door anytime in the near future... :D

puckhead193
Jan 6, 2008, 11:01 PM
i have some monster one i got a few years ago works well with my video and nano

KBV1
Jan 7, 2008, 03:39 AM
i live in the UK so it may bit differnent, only thing is i aint got bluetooth built in my car :(

redblues
Jan 7, 2008, 02:56 PM
i live in the UK so it may bit differnent, only thing is i aint got bluetooth built in my car :(

Add it in. I have an aftermarket radio so it's easier, though most cars these days have a 3.5mm jack for aux inputs.. plug in one of these- http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Product/Item/Main.aspx?showAll=N&g=771&i=142DIYBRH&tp=121

TheSpaz
Jan 7, 2008, 03:19 PM
FM Transmitters suck. Get a Griffin AutoPilot and get a stereo with an AUX input. The AutoPilot is WICKED cool!

4 things I love about the AutoPilot:

1. Pause and play and skip right from the cigarette lighter... meaning... hard buttons that you can feel so that you don't need to take your eyes off the road while trying to skip a track on the iPod touch (which you can't really feel for the buttons).

2. It Charges your iPod and uses a line out to get the best quality (FM Transmitters can't come close)

3. It pauses your iPod when you shut the car off... so if you're going into a store really quick and your iPod won't keep playing while you're gone.

4. The light on the charger pulses when it's charging and turns green when full charged... very cool idea.

http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/autopilot Here's a link.