Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Blitton

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 26, 2007
I am new to FCE and am coming from working in a Windows environment. I am struggling and considering sending my iMac back! It seems like nothing is as easy as Pinnacle Studio. In particular I am trying to add jpg photo files into my project. Is this possible, if so - HELP! I really want to learn this.

Blitton

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 26, 2007
Read Manual

DH, I did read through manual but it is not clear to me. Maybe I am just too frustrated. I tried to import and I can see the photos folder but it will not open.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!!

dengar169

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2007
Jpegs

If I recall, all I had to do was drag pictures into my project bin for FCE. It is actually really easy to toy with pictures in FCE. I was able to animate paths and morphs w/ my jpegs on the first go. I would recommend buying a book on Final Cut at Borders. The one by Tomy Wolsky is pretty good, and on the cheaper side ;) Good luck! Don't send that iMac back. If so send it on over and I'll give it a good home:D

ppc_michael

Apr 26, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
Importing your pictures should be as easy as importing any other file. Cmd+I to open the Import dialog, and select your picture.

Alternatively you could drag the picture from a finder window into the project files window.

Blitton

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 26, 2007
It Works!

Thank you both! I was able to bring pictures in by dragging and also using command I. I just need a FCE for dummies book that gives me some instruction.
Thanks again!

huntercr

macrumors 65816
Jun 6, 2006
Thank you both! I was able to bring pictures in by dragging and also using command I. I just need a FCE for dummies book that gives me some instruction.
Thanks again!

if only there were some sort of ... manual... that even includes a chapter on the basics... hmmm... where would we find this.... hmm.... ;)

Sorry, I'm just having a little fun with you, but have you tried reading the manual? There is the getting started physical book that should have come with your disc and then entire 1152 page PDF manual.

There's a fantastic amount of information in there.

Flynnstone

macrumors 65816
Feb 25, 2003
Cold beer land
I can understand some of the frustration.
I tend to use iMovie. When I use FCE I forget what I had learned.
Like "what does the image pane in the middle show?", "What does the pane on the right show?", what's the difference?
It takes me a while to get back in the FCE groove.
I wish I had more time with FCE. I like the power of it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.