Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MishoM

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 13, 2007
Well I got a dock today for my iPod Touch, and every time I plug it into the dock it'll change the date and time! I change it back, plug it in, and again it changes it to like October 5/6/7/8/9/10th. Its really starting to anger me. I then changed the time and date when it was in the dock, I unplugged it, and then plugged it back in and again it changed it. My PC's time and date are correct, so whats going on...?

Thanks

zflauaus

macrumors 65816
Nov 19, 2004
Have you tried doing a reinstall on your iPod touch? Weird software things may do the stupidest things sometimes.

MishoM

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 13, 2007
I just plugged it into a power outlet and nothing happened, the time stayed the same. Just every time I plug it into iTunes it changes the time. This didn't happen before I jailbroke version 1.1.2! :(

Edit: OMG! When I plug it into my brothers computer, (the computer I used to jailbreak to 1.1.2), it goes to the correct date. What the hell!!! I couldn't jailbreak to 1.1.2 on my PC (I would constantly get an error) and now I get this! How f'n lame. Wow.

eyvind

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Wirelessly posted (iPod touch: Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/3B48b Safari/419.3)

derryquinn said:
May Sound Dumb: Is your computers time/date correct?

Make sure both your ipod's and your computer's time zones are set correctly.

grid-guy

macrumors newbie
Jan 1, 2008
Same problem

I received a new IPT dock for Christmas and have encountered the same problem -- it scrambles the date and time, seemingly randomly. In my case, I can verify that the device and computer date, time and time zone are all set correctly, and the complicating issue of Jailbreak is not a factor -- Jailbreak has never been installed on this device. (Firmware version is also 1.1.2.) Seems to be some kind of weird pure-hardware interaction. If so, we should be hearing about more victims.

ghoster82

macrumors newbie
Jan 8, 2008
Same trouble!!

Hi,
I got an ipod touch for christmas. it was working fine until i put it in a dock. The same thing happens, the date and time seems to change randomly. sometimes the date changes, othertimes the months, othertimes the hours or minutes. I don't get it!! It only seems to move by a small amount aswell.
I am using a jailbroken ipod with 1.1.2 firmware. Sometimes it works fine. It always works fine when I connect it using a normal usb cable, but since i started using my ipod speaker's/dock it messes up...
Anyone else with this same problem???

Sam

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.