PDA

View Full Version : A Little Help Setting up the Ipod Shuffle

Captain Xarzu
Dec 27, 2007, 05:41 AM
Hello Forum

I was given an Ipod Shuffle months ago as a gift.
I let it sit around for several weeks and I guess
now that might have been a bad thing to do because
I think this might have killed some battery.

Here is how it performs. When I plug the Ipod Shuffle
into a USB port, my computer recognizes it ok. In fact,
I am able to open up the Icon of the device under my
Windows XP "My Computer" and see the contents of the IPOD.

After I safely remove the device from my computer and I move
the button on the back so that the green bar is displayed and
I push the play/pause button, the light display flashes green and
yellow a few times and then nothing.

What is wrong and how can I fix it?

iSaint
Dec 27, 2007, 08:06 AM
Keep it attached to your computer for an hour or two to see if it charges fully.

thejakill
Dec 27, 2007, 03:13 PM
every couple of months my shuffle stops working correctly. i just go and restore it. you might need to do that.

Captain Xarzu
Dec 29, 2007, 05:30 AM
The problem seemed to be that I was not using ITunes. XP lets you drag and drop files into a device connected to the USB port as if the device was a flash drive.

The good news is that now I am able to listen to my songs and use my IPod Shuffel :)

In iTunes I noticed in the settings display for my IPod it has a huge area that is not any of my music files. Is this some sort of operating system on the IPod?

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h292/Athono/orange-1.png

Tom B.
Dec 29, 2007, 06:16 AM
In iTunes I noticed in the settings display for my iPod it has a huge area that is not any of my music files. Is this some sort of operating system on the iPod?

Did you delete all the songs that you tried to put on the iPod via Windows Explorer? If not that is probably them.

Captain Xarzu
Jan 11, 2008, 11:02 AM
That did the trick.

Looking at the contents without using ITunes allowed me to see songs I had put on the device back when I was using it as a sort of zip disk without itunes installed. Those songs were on the root directory of the IPod and also they were not listed on ITunes. Once I removed those songs, the orange area disappeared.