PDA

View Full Version : ipod touch - no music output to headphones

twoodcc
Dec 27, 2007, 08:47 PM
my brother got an ipod touch for christmas. it will not play sound thru any headphones or speakers, but it will play in my truck - i have a cable to the stereo that connects to the dock of the ipod.

any ideas?

SkyBell
Dec 27, 2007, 09:17 PM
my brother got an ipod touch for christmas. it will not play sound thru any headphones or speakers, but it will play in my truck - i have a cable to the stereo that connects to the dock of the ipod.

any ideas?

Probably the jack itself. My 5.5G iPod had the same problem (except it died slowly; one earphone stopped putting out sound, and soon, the other) Got it replaced for free by Apple, (just 3 days before the end of the warranty too:)) and I think this is what you should do.

TurboSC
Dec 28, 2007, 01:44 AM
yea sounds like a manufacturer defect. Just bring it into Apple and they'll replace it... or wherever you bought it from :)

twoodcc
Dec 28, 2007, 06:02 AM
Probably the jack itself. My 5.5G iPod had the same problem (except it died slowly; one earphone stopped putting out sound, and soon, the other) Got it replaced for free by Apple, (just 3 days before the end of the warranty too:)) and I think this is what you should do.

yea sounds like a manufacturer defect. Just bring it into Apple and they'll replace it... or wherever you bought it from :)

thanks guys. that was the plan, but just checking to see if there's anything i could try.