Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thechidz

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 25, 2007
New York City
So you can see what Im running in my sig... I am planning on picking up xp home to run with bootcamp but Im wondering what y'all think about running GH3 on a PC vs. Mac OS... (same machine:mac)

Gymnut

macrumors 68000
Apr 18, 2003
I just received GH3 for Xmas and initially I thought it was a "kids game," but by far it's the most addicting game I've played since, uhmm... I can't remember. Looking at the minimum and recommended system requirements for both Mac and PC, they seem to be fairly similar although as always, PC video drivers are better. Initially I was a bit skeptical of this game running on my SR MBP(2.4GHz) as I've had a few disappointing endeavors with Aspyr ported games, but GH3's performance has surprised me; Although one can never overlook it's rather steep system requirements.

Although I haven't played GH3 in Windows, I would go out on a limb and say that gameplay is probably smoother, although it's not too shabby in Mac OSX.

matthewmystar

macrumors newbie
Dec 31, 2007
I just bought GH3 for my macbook pro 2.0GHz core duo and since I dont have an apple store around me I ended up having to buy the PC only version. I don't understand why they cant just sell the same universal copy of the game everywhere. So anyway I put a copy of vista on my mac to play it on and it runs pretty smoothly. I'm sure it would run better in XP, but I unfortantly cannot tell you how well it runs in OS X.

alansmallen

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2007
i just bought the hybrid disc and am running it on my mbp 2.4 ghz 2 gb ram

you're gonna be fine

thechidz

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 25, 2007
New York City
ive been playing it on osx for a few days. Its so much fun although practice mode (where the music gets slowed down) doesnt work well. I have a copy of xp on the way and am going to try it on that

fishkorp

macrumors 68030
Apr 10, 2006
Ellicott City, MD
with the settings i'm using i don't notice any difference in OS X or Vista (C2D 2.4ghz 17" MBP with 4gb RAM). i have it installed in Windows so i can play with custom songs and OS X to play in co-op and career mode.

Andrew D: i got mine from Apple online. but my local Target and Best Buy both sell it. just be sure to pick the one up that says "PC + Mac" on the box.

charliehorse55

macrumors newbie
Jun 16, 2008
with the settings i'm using i don't notice any difference in OS X or Vista (C2D 2.4ghz 17" MBP with 4gb RAM). i have it installed in Windows so i can play with custom songs and OS X to play in co-op and career mode.

Andrew D: i got mine from Apple online. but my local Target and Best Buy both sell it. just be sure to pick the one up that says "PC + Mac" on the box.

How to Play Custom Songs on a Mac

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.