PDA

View Full Version : Urgent! Need some advice about Scart and Apple TV.

Tclare
Dec 28, 2007, 07:57 AM
Hey,

I have a relatively new TV, yet it only has two scarts. Obviously to connect my Apple TV I need either componant video or HDMI, I have neither. So I went on google and found this product:

http://www.maplin.co.uk/module.aspx?ModuleNo=47318&doy=28m12#overview

Will this work with my TV and the Apple TV.

Thanks

Tclare

MacBoobsPro
Dec 28, 2007, 08:14 AM
I cant see why not. Give it a shot. If not you can always take it back to the store.

Mac-Addict
Dec 28, 2007, 08:17 AM
Yeah cant harm to try, and if the shop doesn't take it back there's always ebay

MacBoobsPro
Dec 28, 2007, 08:19 AM
Yeah cant harm to try, and if the shop doesn't take it back there's always ebay

Yeh there are some nice TVs on eBay. :D

MarkW19
Dec 28, 2007, 07:39 PM
It doesn't look like you can.

From the FAQ on your Maplin page:-

Q) Could I use this to connect the Component Output from Apple TV to my Sony Widescreen CRT? - Phil
A) Unfortunately not. This does not convert Component signals into a Scart Source, it converts Scart Source into Component signals for use with items that require Component input.

Q) If the three outputs are for RGB and the fourth for projector sync, what about audio? - James
A) This product does not support audio.

ChamFan
Dec 29, 2007, 10:01 AM
What you need is a converter box from JS Technology (www.js-technology.com). Costs about a hundred quid and it will convert the component and audio outputs of the appleTV into a SCART signal that old-style TVs can use (in my case an 6-year old 28" JVC CRT television). Box comes with converter, power lead and all the appleTV-specific instructions you need and you just add your own TV and interconnect cables. UK-based and the blokes there were very helpful when I spoke to them. Best of luck!