Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

David_be

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 6, 2003
Tournai, Belgium
There is a petition to Microsoft Corp. to make a version of MSN Messenger for Mac with all features MSN Messenger 6 has.

http://www.petitiononline.com/msn64mac/petition.html

Thank you and spread the word. :)

C'est une pétition envers Microsoft Corp. pour qu'ils fassent une nouvelle version de MSN Messenger pour Mac qui aie toutes les fonctionnalités de MSN Messenger 6.

Merci de signer et faire passer le mot. :)

Dat is een letter voor Microsoft Corp. opdat Macgebruikers hebben een nieuwe en volledig versie van MSN Messenger met alle qualiteiten van de Windowsversie

Dank U. :)

notjustjay

macrumors 603
Sep 19, 2003
Canada, eh?
Hey ShadowHunter,

Nice quote :) Unfortunately I don't think you can give me the attribution, I originally saw it on usenet somewhere (comp.sys.mac.advocacy I think)..

You might want to change your attribution to "-overheard on Usenet" or something.

tomf87

macrumors 65816
Sep 10, 2003
I can't sign something that isn't grammatically correct. I feel this will not portray the right image of Macintosh users.

David_be

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 6, 2003
Tournai, Belgium
Désolé mais l'anglais n'est pas ma langue maternelle.

Excuseer maar ik ben niet engelstalig

I would like to read your dutch or your french just for fun...

the right image of apple users is many people from many countries speaking many languages.:D

tomf87

macrumors 65816
Sep 10, 2003
Originally posted by David_be
Désolé mais l'anglais n'est pas ma langue maternelle.

Excuseer maar ik ben niet engelstalig

I would like to read your dutch or your french just for fun...

the right image of apple users is many people from many countries speaking many languages.:D

I don't speak neither language, nor did I mean to upset you. However, if an English petition is going to be sent to a major corporation asking for changes to their product which will more than likely be read by English users, shouldn't it be grammatically correct so it can be taken seriously?

David_be

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 6, 2003
Tournai, Belgium
Some english speakers think everybody speaks english perfectly.
That's quite the same for people from France.
If you can correct the petition, go on. I will be glad to have a perfect text.

A petition will be taken seriously with a good amount of signatures. a good english just matter a little.

Bien à toi,
David Descamps.

tomf87

macrumors 65816
Sep 10, 2003
Originally posted by David_be
Some english speakers think everybody speaks english perfectly.
That's quite the same for people from France.
If you can correct the petition, go on. I will be glad to have a perfect text.

A petition will be taken seriously with a good amount of signatures. a good english just matter a little.

Bien à toi,
David Descamps.

I definitely do not speak English perfectly. However, whenever I find myself requesting actions from a business, I find that a clear and grammatically correct message helps support the cause. How much remains to be known, but anyway, I hope you do not think less of me.

As requested, a changed version (feel free to correct me where I'm wrong as well :) ):

To: Microsoft Corp.

The release of the new MSN Messenger is very beautiful. Microsoft has done a good job on it, but Macintosh
users cannot enjoy the fabulous advances Microsoft has made in instant messaging with the current version of MSN Messenger (v3.5)
on Apple's operating system.

We ask Microsoft to release, as soon as possible, a version of MSN Messenger for Macintosh, integrating the same features MSN 6 for Windows has:

- integrated webcam functionality
- voice capability
- mobile phone messaging
- games
- custom backgrounds, display pictures, emoticons, ...

ShadowHunter

macrumors regular
Sep 27, 2003
Fresno
Originally posted by notjustjay
Hey ShadowHunter,

Nice quote :) Unfortunately I don't think you can give me the attribution, I originally saw it on usenet somewhere (comp.sys.mac.advocacy I think)..

You might want to change your attribution to "-overheard on Usenet" or something.

Will do, thanks for clearing it up :)

Wardofsky

macrumors 65816
Aug 6, 2002
I feel good.
Your signature on the petition is already complete, and there is no need
to reply to this message.

Your signature number for this petition is 1000.

I got the 1000th spot.

tomf87

macrumors 65816
Sep 10, 2003
I'm 1006...

Sorry for being a jerk earlier. Ever had a boss crawl up your butt and start whining around? Yeah, that doesn't feel good.

David_be

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 6, 2003
Tournai, Belgium
Thanks to you for your correction and your signature :)

You weren't a jerk, and never feel a jerk ! : you do what you think it is best to do and if after you seem to be wrong, that's past. It is like this we can advance.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.