PDA

View Full Version : I FINALLY see a difference in screens!!!

TheSpaz
Dec 29, 2007, 12:30 AM
Today, my girlfriend got a lovely 8GB iPod touch for her birthday and I noticed RIGHT away how much brighter and washed out her screen looked. Everything looks overexposed and high contrast. My week 38 iPod looks very clear and detailed (but, not as bright). I tried adjusting the brightness but, the effect just got dimmer and it's obviously a contrast issue that cannot be corrected. This is the first time I've seen in person, a difference in iPod touch screens because this is the first time I was able to hold them side by side. Mine looks WAY better in comparison but, she's perfectly happy with the way her's is (I wouldn't be but, whatever).

Here's some example screenshots.

Her iPod is on the left and mine is on the right.

(I made these to look as close as possible to the actual screen. These are not actual photos of the screen but, screenshots that I manipulated to make them look like what I'm seeing in person here)

sushi
Dec 29, 2007, 12:34 AM
Her iPod is on the left and mine is on the right.

(I made these to look as close as possible to the actual screen. These are not actual photos of the screen but, screenshots that I manipulated to make them look like what I'm seeing in person here)
Definite difference.

To me, yours is the better of the two.

LordEntropy
Dec 29, 2007, 09:17 AM
Frankly cannot understand why Apple have not included some kind of contrast control on the Touch, I have one on my Cowon A2?!?!?!

gowanis
Dec 29, 2007, 09:36 AM
i'm experiencing a similar problem which i've described in a couple of other threads:

"Weird Screen Issue"
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=405333

"how are the screens lately (week 47+?)"
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=400793

I've been having trouble describing my exact problem ever since I had to get a replacement from apple when my week 38 audio went bad. my new screen does look sorta washed out and the fonts in the menus look a little fuzzy. this has been driving me crazy.

i'm going back to the apple store today to compare it side by side with some demos, but i fear that i have little or no chance of apple recognizing this as a real problem and offering me another replacement. i'm really upset.