Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sceneshifter

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 14, 2007
Hey,

I posted it before on another forum but I haven't received any response, I should have posted it here right away!

So, I finally got my hands on Logic Studio, pure heavenly bliss. Except it takes up LOADS of space on my macbook. I had purchased an external fast HD for the goal of installing all files on the external HD, but logic install won't let me do it. I could only move about 10Gb of stuff to my external HD. But for example all the jam packs are on my local drive, which is a horrible thing for my HD space here. I heard you can move those samples to an external HD as well, in some odd fashion. ANd that's my question: Does anyone know how? Can you explain me in detail what to do?

Thank you!
:apple:

weblogik

macrumors regular
May 7, 2007
Bump
i also would like to know...

Hey,

I posted it before on another forum but I haven't received any response, I should have posted it here right away!

So, I finally got my hands on Logic Studio, pure heavenly bliss. Except it takes up LOADS of space on my macbook. I had purchased an external fast HD for the goal of installing all files on the external HD, but logic install won't let me do it. I could only move about 10Gb of stuff to my external HD. But for example all the jam packs are on my local drive, which is a horrible thing for my HD space here. I heard you can move those samples to an external HD as well, in some odd fashion. ANd that's my question: Does anyone know how? Can you explain me in detail what to do?

Thank you!
:apple:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.